Chapter 36

*Flashback*

Jennie's cat eyes glows the moment they met with those dark brown orbs. And as much as Jennie want to just stare back at Lisa, she finally tears her eyes away and lowers her gaze to the flickering candle.

"Blow your candle and make a wish."

Lisa has a wishful smile playing on her lips, anticipating for Jennie to blow her candle. And Jennie looks back at Lisa and unconsciously smile as Lisa's eyes seem to gleam as they met.

You are everything I have ever wished for, stay with me forever...

*End of Flashback*

And Jennie often wondered, out of all the wishes that were asked on that night, why was hers have to be the one that wasn't answered?

The once beaming cat eyes were now wounded, tears have once again made its way to them and here was Jennie crying once again.

Jennie craned her neck to the pillow, letting it suffocate her cries and soak her tears, her fingers clutching tighter until she felt something underneath. She sat up and pulls out a square box from underneath the pillow. Somehow seeing Lisa's sad attempt of gift wrapping lightened her up a little bit. She carefully peeled the wrapper away.

Dear My Nini,

It would be classier if I kept it on the paperbag but I want to surprise you...hihi... I was supposed to give this on your birthday but we never get the chance. I hope you love it.

Forever yours,

Lili

And as she opens the box, there was an exquisite silver bracelet watch. She set the watch aside and picked up the letter inside it.

Dear Jennie,

I saw this and know there is nothing more fitting for you. And now that were million miles away, this gift couldn't been more perfect.

I want you to know that every tick of this watch will draw us closer. I'm counting the seconds until I see you, kiss you and have you in my arms again. I'll be forever remain broken until you complete me again...

Your Lisa

And the note starts to crinkle in Jennie's hold as she clutches to it tighter, holding it close to her chest. The watch was lovely, the note was lovely, but she'll give it all up, if she could just have Lisa.

*

The moment that Lisa along with the other members of the team stepped on the stable grounds, everyone frantically pulled out their cellphones from their pockets. Soon, the airport was buzzing with different languages, all calling the ones that they love back home that they arrive safely, that they have finally arrived in America.

All of them except Lisa. Lisa cursed herself when she realized that she didn't have a long distance plan on her phone. She clutches tightly on her phone, she has waited for almost a day just to hear Jennie's voice and she doesn't know if she could wait any longer.

"Here..."

Lisa turns and sees Baekhyun handing her his phone.

"Call her..." He says encouragingly. "She must be worried about you already."

Lisa was never the type who liked to receive favors, but right now even if she has to beg a stranger to borrow a phone she will. And she smiles gratefully at Baekhyun, thankful that she didn't have to go through that.