Chapter 21

*Flashback*

"I-I'm sorry but I can't have this baby!"

Jin felt every piece of his heart just shattered at her words.

"W-why not?" His voice quake in a mixture of pain and regret. "I promise you, I'll take care of you and our baby."

But before he could even reach out to her, to hold her, to assure her that everything will be alright, she pulls away.

"Are you delusional?! What makes you think that I wanted this?"

And her words felt like a slap on Jin's face.

"W-what do you mean? You don't want this? You don't want to have our baby?"

"I want to have a baby but not with a trash like you!"

Jin didn't need to say more, she made it clear it was over even before it started.

*End of Flashback*

That nightmare replayed in Jin's head again... What did he ever do to deserve being haunted by such a past? He fell back on his bed, groaning hopelessly, right now it wasn't just him who was suffering. Right now, his mistake is crawling back and choosing to destroy Jennie, the only good thing in his life as payback.

He closes his eyes but instead of a peaceful dream that could soothe his thoughts, more nightmare came playing his head when he remembers his conversation with Mr. Manoban.

*Flashback*

The silence in the room felt much more scarier than any words that Mr. Manoban could say. Jin wished Mr. Manoban would say something, anything but instead the powerful man just sat there, his face not bearing any hint of emotion.

"My daughter could be quite a rebel Jin..."

"Sir?"

"Me and her mother are so busy trying to provide her with a good life, but she sees this as our excuse not to take care of her. And she does this, try to act all wild to get me and her mom's attention. We know what Lisa does, her sexual preferences, her vices. I think it's nothing more but a phase."

"But sir... I think it's more than just a phase. They moved in together already!"

"How did your parents reacted to this?"

"Well, they were upset ofcourse especially my mom but it didn't stop Jennie sir."

"No more Jin" Mr. Manoban held his hand out to silence Jin. "Thank you for telling me this and I see that you're just being a good brother worrying for your sister."

"I-I just couldn't help it." Jin not being able to will his eyes back on Mr. Manoban, resorted and staring down on his shoes. "She doesn't deserve this..."

"You have done your part my boy..." Jin felt Mr. Manoban gave him a fatherly squeeze on the shoulder and that gave him some strength to look back, but the moment he saw the look on Mr. Manoban's face, he regretted looking. For no human could bare stare back at eyes that seem to belong to the devil.

"I will take care of this myself!"

*End of Flashback*

***

Jennie felt every pair of eyes drilling on her as she sits down on the bleachers to watch Lisa practice baseball. The silence was broken when she hears hushed whispers. She closes her eyes hoping to ignore the whispers that have slowly getting louder and louder....