Chapter 18

Jennie sighs frustratingly as they came to the third apartment that day. The apartment that Lisa brought her were gorgeous and spacious but she can't even afford half the rent with what she's making.

Now Jennie have to keep in mind that Lisa's idea of small and inexpensive is so different from her idea of small and inexpensive. Jennie frowns as Lisa parks in front of a lavish apartment, much bigger than the two apartments they went to earlier.

"Lili?!"

"What's wrong?" Lisa puts her car on park and looks at Jennie looking worriedly at the apartment.

"This is like the biggest among the three apartments, if I couldn't afford the first two, how much could I afford this one?"

"Look, it doesn't hurt to try... If not there is going for a fourth one. I don't mind."

*

Lisa couldn't help but smile as she watched Jennie walking around the apartment as if she was walking inside a museum filled with world class paintings.

"This place is gorgeous but I don't think this place is within my budget." Jennie quickly put a halt before she could even dream of owning it.

"Well, how much are you willing to pay?"

"Ummmm..." Jennie blush embarrassingly "A...around 500 dollars?"

"Well... You are in luck, this place is around 400 dollars."

Lisa smiles as she sees Jennie look at her with those cat eyes filled with amazement... "A...are you serious?" Jennie asks surprisingly.

"Yes, with how bad the economy is today, we need to try out new strategies to reach out to people. So were having this promo..."

"This is just too good to be true, is there a catch? Did somebody die here? This place isn't haunted is it?" Jennie ask worriedly and her innocence made Lisa chuckle.

"Oh no..no...miss Let's just say, you came at the right time."

The landlord turns to look at the beauty with the gorgeous angel she is talking to now. The red haired girl bows her head slightly as a thank you.

*Flashback*

Mr. Park us rarely intimidated having to deal with aggressive and almost crazy tenants every day of his life, But how did this red haired beauty sitting opposite of him could just do it just sitting there so quietly?

She wasn't a person with many words instead she just pushes a check towards his direction. He took the check and immediately gulps as the amount written on it.

"Is this?"

"Yes... And there's more where that came from"

"Oh okay! So what exactly do you want me to do?"

"Well... I need a little favor from you. I will be back here in the afternoon with someone and she'll be looking for a place but the money she makes is not even half of how much the rent cost here. But that check I gave you is good for her whole rent for a lifetime, am I right?"

"Y-yes..."

"So, I want you to tell her that you're having a promo that's why you don't need her to pay as much."

"O...okay b-but...."

"Either you take it or not." The girl says bluntly "I just need you to know... You don't take it, there would be others who won't have second thoughts in having this deal." But before Lisa could take the check back, the man quickly swipes it off the table.