Chapter 33

Lisa wondered why someone as well dressed as this man would end up eating in a dingy Chinese restaurant like this.

"Lisa Manoban"

It didn't take more than a minute for Lisa to recognize the man standing in front of her.

"Nice to finally meet you, I have been keeping an eye on you..." He wags his finger playfully at her.

"You're-"

But then man cuts her off and introduces himself. "Yes... Byun Baekhyun"

"Oppa..."

Lisa bows down, the man is a baseball legend in South Korea before making a name for himself to the American league.

"I didn't know you work?" The man snickers as his eyes wandered around the cheaply decorated excuse of a Chinese restaurant "I thought the Manobans were loaded..."

"My father is... but not me..."

"Well... No need to worry about that..." He claps his hand and flashes a mischievous grin "How about bringing me your bestseller here?"

"Ummm ok..."

The food was left untouched the entire time, the only focus that the legendary baseball player has was on Lisa.

"I saw you play usually when I watch women playing baseball. I just watch it for the amusement factor but when I saw you play Lisa, I wasn't amused... I was at awe..." The man leans forward "You didn't even bat yet but you have the whole field under your will and the moment you made that ball flew through the bleachers. A talent like you is a rare find."

Lisa wished she could express it in a more profound manner with the way this man is praising her, but there is only one word to say it.

"Thanks..."

"The American league wants to expand its product. We want to make baseball a global phenomenon. That's why there are scouts in every corner of the world searching for that player who can bring the game to a new level. And I think you have what it takes..."

Byun Baekhyun sets in for the kill as he sees the red haired beauty in deep thought.

"But I'm going to set things straight... It's not going to be easy, you are going to compete against the best female baseball players in the world."

Lisa was not even worried about that, the only thought that came to her mind is could she ever leave Jennie?

"Ummm... How long will this last?"

"Well... Getting scouted is the easy part... Tryouts will take 6 weeks, but that doesn't mean you make it through, that you get offered to play. You have to be drafted. When you're drafted then... that's when the hard part comes in."

"6 weeks? Tryouts will be in America?"

"Ofcourse... The league is separated into two Eastern and Western. I'm representing for the Western, so the tryouts will be held in California."

"Look... I'll think about it."

"You should. Don't let an opportunity like this go, Lisa. Well, here is my card."

Byun Baekhyun hands her the card but before she could take it, he pulls away.

"That is how quick this opportunity could go if you don't take it. You don't want to spend the rest of your life thinking of the what ifs."

The man's word didn't intimidate Lisa a wee but, instead she snatches the card from him.

"I said I'll think about it..."