01:Not So Into The Love Thingy

HELENA's POV

Have you ever put yourself in a situation where you wanted to kill your own brother? And the potential weapon to kill him is by using all the possible items that were in front of you. The vase, family albums, or even maybe the fork in the kitchen??

Well, that's exactly what I feel right now.

"RAYMOND DAWSON!" I don't bother to pick my so-ladylike elegant words, because I know it's just me and Raymond in the house right now.

My mom died when I was 10 years old. And since then, it's only me, dad, and my annoying brother. My dad is always busy. I can't really blame him though. He is always back and forth outside the country due to our company's matters, which require him to attend some meetings and all.

So, this makes Raymond get to play the big-brother-card, and the daddy-card on me. But don't get me wrong, I love Raymond. Ugh... Scratch that, I actually hate him. We've been really close ever since we were children. But it's just hard for me to handle him. Because Raymond can be a pain in the ass sometimes.

I don't even know how to react, should I just kill him?? But on second thought, considering there were only the two of us at the house, I think I'll survive.

"Aww...did our little Helena finally wake up from her sweet dream??" He is smirking and looking at me, who is, by the way, still sitting on the bed, with my wet clothes, all thanks to the little stunt that he just did in order to wake me up.

I must admit that I am not a morning person. I really am not. "Ray!!! I'm going to fucking kill you!!" I narrow my eyes while looking at him. If only looks could kill, I bet he would already be dead by now.

He just stood there, pretending to look innocent, acting stupider than he already was. "Why can't you just wake me up like a civilized person, huh? What are you? A caveman?" I say, while throwing the pillow towards him.

He just giggles at my actions. "Gosh... I hate you." I groan when all the pillows that I throw at him don't even affect him at all.

He's still smirking at my attempt to hit him with the pillow. "And I love you too, Hel." I roll my eyes at him.  

"I'll wait for you downstairs. We have school, remember? Do I really have to remind you every morning about that, huh big girl?"

I give him my boring look while getting up from my bed. "You sound like grandma..." I replied, groaning, and still glaring at him, before I made my way towards the bathroom's door.

“Ugh!!" I stomp my feet, and close the bathroom's door with a loud sound. I can still hear him chuckling before getting out of bed.

After 20 minutes, I looked at myself in the mirror. Today I just wore my tight skinny denim jeans that perfectly show off my perfect curves, with a white simple t-shirt. I just let my dark brown hair down.

My hair is not that long, but I guess it's long enough till it reaches the back of my shoulder. Which is just nice, because Jia has told me maybe about a thousand times now on how she's jealous of my thick brown hair.

And I loved my hair too. Because it reminds me of my mother, I have the same hair color as she does. "Hurry up!!!! We're gonna be late because of you." He was practically screaming from his car when he saw me walking towards him.

I bet that the neighbor will hate him. He's just too loud. "Aww... did I just hear the mighty Raymond Dawson afraid to be late to school?? WOW!!" I say this while sitting next to him in the passenger seat.

"Oh shut up..." He replied, rolling his eyes while starting the car's engine. I just give him a small chuckle before turning on the radio, which is now playing our favorite song.

We sang together like mad men on our way to school. It has become our habit, I guess.

I just hope that this year my school's life will be free from the teen drama that is playing on Netflix. Because last year was really not the year of the free-from-NETFLIX drama scenario.

I felt really awful last year because I had to break the heart of one of the guys at school, Adam Parker; one of the popular guys at Rivendale's High. Yeah, right. Because all the bimbos at school are literally drooling over him.

He's hot, and it's fun being with him. But that's it. I don't feel like saying those "L" words back to him after he publicly declared his love for me in front of all the students at Rivendale High School. 

God... that was just so embarrassing.

We've been together for almost 2 months. Yup, 2 months. How should I trust a love declaration by a guy whom I've been with for only 2 months, right?

And by together, I don't mean together officially like a couple. We just hung out together, kissed, which is no big deal, and of course, I do value my life. I only did that when Raymond was not around. Big brother's card, remember?

And yes, I am no saint. I'm not your typical female lead character in a teen drama who is still holding on to her "V" card. But that's it. I am not ready to have a committed relationship with someone, and plus, I just don't feel the sparks and electricity-like effect when I'm with Adam Parker.

So, when I heard the "L" words from him, I backed out. I broke his heart in front of the students because I couldn't just pretend or lie to him that I loved him too. It's just not fair for him, and he deserves better.

Plus, I've already told him from the start that I'm just not so into that kind of relationship. But maybe due to Adam Parker's popularity as one of the popular and hot guys at school, he became sure that I would fall for him.

Well, unfortunately, I am not that type of girl that can easily fall in love with someone. I will someday, but I can guarantee that it's not him. My mind keeps thinking about that one person when it comes to this whole "love" thing.

“Shit." I murmured to myself as I let out a little groan. Why in the hell would I even think about him? I must be damn crazy.

"Why did you seem frustrated?" Raymond must have noticed what I did just now.

I give him a little smile before replying. "Nothing... just stressing out about getting back to school.. that's all." Yeah, right. Stressing about school my ass. I thought to myself.

I need to stop this. It's been awhile now, but his name keeps popping out like a pimple every time I think about this damn topic; love.

Fuck him.