03:Awkwardly Talking With You

HELENA's POV

After that WWE situation with Blake earlier this morning at the car park, Jia dragged me with her to our first class, which is Science. Ugh. Fuck my life. The class will take place in the lab, which is the second place that I hate the most after the library.

“What's up with you and Blake this morning?” Jia's sudden question made me glance at her.

“Just the same usual thing..” I replied lazily.

“I mean your blushing cheeks, Helena.”

Oh, fuck. My what??

I immediately look at her in alarm. She saw that? As if knowing that she caught me red handed, Jia giggles while pointing at me with such suspicious eyes.

“Haha! Caught you!” She adds, laughing now.

“You silly! Keep it down would you?” I hit her shoulder a little, glancing for a second towards the teacher in front.

“I knew it.. you both could try to deny it all you want, but eyes don't lie, dear.” She adds, barely whispering now, while her hand is busy mixing the chemicals.

“Yeah, right..” I said, not showing any interest in that topic even though deep down I'm quite intrigued on what the hell does she mean by us both?

Did Jia ever talk about this with Blake too?

The smell of all the chemicals in the lab makes me feel sick. "Ugh..." I can't help but to whine about the smells. What a nice way to break my wild imagination about Blake.

“Incoming.. here comes your lab partner of the year.” Jia said, switching seats from beside me, to her lab partner who's been a very good audience of the topic that Jia and I just discussed; Blake Kingstone.

I smiled at Jia's lab partner as she took a seat beside him, leaving the sit beside me empty for that lab partner of mine.

Luckily, on the first day of classes, Sir Lockwood had already assigned us our partner for the whole semester. Jia gets to partner up with James, one of Raymond's minions that plays football.

And I, on the other hand, am very full of luck this morning, because guess what? Sir Lockwood partnered me up with none other than Adam Parker. Yup, that Adam Parker. The one who nearly made Raymond threw up.

Fuck my life again. This is totally great.

Adam smiles as he sits beside me, and I smile back at him. Well done, Helena. You can do this. A little bit more. 

Just as I thought it would be okay, it seems like we both can't really start a decent conversation, yet. I don't know how to start, and he seems like he doesn't know what the hell he should say either..

I just pray that this class would end, fast. The silence is killing me! Not saying anything is better than saying something that would result in even more awkwardness, right?

And just as I am quite comfortable in staying silent, keeping myself busy with the task, Adam looks like he wants to say something. 

Oh, God save me. 

"How was your summer??" He breaks the silence, which is at a level of 6.4 magnitude of awkwardness between the both of us. Huh.. I can't help but to feel a little relief. He gives me a little smile after that.

Aww... if only he did not use those "L" words. I think we can escape this boring science class together, and make out in the empty lab across the hall. How I miss seeing that smile on his face. I thought that he was mad at me. Well, I think the summer break must have made him move on. A new girl, perhaps??