30:A Culprit Live Among Us

Seven Years ago

I noticed that it wasn't my father who was picking me up from school today. It was my uncle. I also noticed that there were no signs of my 11-year-old brother in the car.

I tried to ask my uncle, but he said that later on he would bring me to meet with Raymond along with my dad and my mom. My dad says that my mom is currently at the hospital because she needs to be treated due to her cancer. It's just yesterday I visited her at the hospital with Raymond.

My uncle seems very rushed right now. He was speeding down the road. It's like he doesn't want to miss some event or something. I just sat there beside him, holding on tight to my seatbelt.

Finally, after almost 15 minutes of speeding, my uncle finally stopped. We are currently at the hospital. Suddenly, I can't help but smile. Actually, today in class, the teacher asked us to draw the face of the person that we love the most.

In a heart beat, I pick a person, and draw the person's fsce with a big smile all over my face. It was my mom's face. She is at the top of my list of the people that I love the most.

Although in the past 5 months, she has rarely spent time with me, I still love her a lot!! I know my mom is currently fighting for us to defeat her brain cancer, which my dad claimed to be in stage 4 already.

Although I don't know what all the stages mean, I know that no matter what stages it is, my mom will keep fighting it. She will fight it for me, fight it for Raymond, fight it for Dad, and fight it for herself. I know she will.

I grin widely when I think about how proud my mom would be when she sees that I can actually draw her face. I miss her hands on my head. She always pats my head every time I do something that makes her proud. I smile again and ask my uncle to hurry up to get into the lift. My mom's ward is on the third floor.

I am so eager right now. It was just yesterday that I met her, but here I am already missing her.

I giggle a little while holding the white A4 paper. I even wrote 'My Mom' at the bottom of the drawing, and I also put three symbols of love after the words 'My Mom' at the top of the paper.

Just wait until she sees this!! I smile again due to imagining the image of my mom patting my head and telling me how proud she is of me.

I notice that my uncle looks really worried, but I don't bother asking him because we are already near my mom's bed.

I was heading towards my mom with a smile all over my face, and my hand was holding the paper. I notice that my dad, my grandfather, Raymond, and even our other family members are gathered near my mom's bed. I still couldn't see my mom though, due to the many people that were gathering right there.

I called out to my mom with a very happy tone. I was giggling.

Mom!!! " I have something for you to see!!" My voice makes all of our family look up in my direction. I think they just noticed that I was already here.

I notice my dad and Raymond's faces look really swollen. It was just like they were just crying. Everyone is looking at me with a very concerned look in their eyes right now. I still don't know what is happening though.

And that's it when I saw it...

My mom...

Her whole body is covered by the white blanket of the hospital...

I can already hear my grandma is sobbing right now.

No..no...she didn't....she didn't....

I walk towards my mom's bed slowly..

All of them are currently moving, so that I could reach my mom... yes, my mom... who was just smiling at me yesterday, and said that she would always be there for me... she just said all of that yesterday..

My father is currently hugging Raymond in his arms..

Finally, when I can already reach the bed, I uncover the blanket slowly so that I can see her face.

Pale...

She was just lying on the bed...

No more warm smiles for me...

And her hands... they're numb and cold...

The hand that is always patting my head...

The same hand that always makes me feel the warmth in her hug...

That hand isn't warm anymore... it was cold. I hold her hand.. I tried calling out to her once again, and that made all of the family cry.

"Mom?? Hey Mom... I'm here...Look what I've got for you! "I say that while pointing out the A4 paper with her face that I just drew.

"Mom??" I try again. And even more voices of people sobbing silently after that.

"Mom???" I try again.. but this time, my voice is already cracking out. I don't want to believe it, but I think I have to.

Because my mom is clearly not responding to me calling her at all.

That is when I sob really hard while calling for my mom over and over again.

How could she leave me?? How could she do it without even saying goodbye to me?

I need her... I still need her... 10 years of being with her is still not enough. How could she leave me??

I was sobbing with a very loud sound. And this has caused my dad even more sadness. Because I do notice he sheds tears after he sees me sobbing and calling out for my mom.

My uncle is currently holding me, because I am crying really hard right now.

I let go all of the sorrow and pain in my heart while holding onto her cold hand, and that A4 paper...

End of flashback

~HELENA POV~

My mind brings me back to reality when I can feel that someone is calling my name from behind me. Jia and Emma looked really shocked though. I try to look at the face of the person who is currently standing beside our table.

Adam Parker.

Gosh... what does he want this time? He just loves to create a fucking teen love drama during lunch break, doesn't he?

I can notice that the students at the café are staring in our direction.

"What do you want??" I asked him while seated at my chair.

"I just want to talk." He said to me, almost like he was begging me to.

Arghh... I know that even if I were to fucking say NO to him, he would never give up. So, to avoid more attention towards us, I walked away from the café with Adam following me from behind.

"TALK.." I say to him when I make sure that we are now away from the crowd.

"Hel, look.. whatever it is, I just want you to calm down first, and please just listen till I explain everything, okay?"

"Okay, now you're freaking me out.." I say this to him while glaring at his face.

"Just fucking say it right now, I don't really have time for this.." I say to him in my boring tone. He looked really tense though.

I can see he is taking a very deep breath before he starts opening his mouth to say something to me.

"I'm the one who spiked your drink at the party...."

Wait, what?

He did WHAT??!