Mysterious

"My name is Taehyung." The man suddenly cut you off with an introduction. You could see his teeth, perfectly in line. An award winning specimen that almost seemed too perfect.

His spontaneous outburst catching you off guard, your train of thought escaped you. But it returned in the form of a soft laugh.

"Well Taehyung, thank you." Your smile became a bit more genuine as you looked up at him. It was almost child-like, how he interrupted you. But that social awkwardness was quick to find its way into your head again as you stuffed your hands into your jacket pockets nervously.

"I should probably head home." You commented with a forced chuckle from deep in your throat, but the man didn't mimic your fake amusement. "Thanks again." You said as you pulled one hand free from its clothed prison to offer a gentle wave toward him in goodbye. "Take care."

"Hey." He called out just as you started to turn away to head back the way you had come. "What's your name?" He questioned, his brows knitted together in such a way it left you to question exactly what expression he was giving you. Was he still worried?

"Y/N." You uttered rather softly, nearly a whisper lost in the wind.  You turned to face him one last time.

He didn't say anything after that. He just stared and only offered a nod of his head that told you he heard you. His eyes locked in on your face so intently it was as if he was memorizing it. You'd be lying if you said you didn't feel a little off put, but you tried not to show that.

He did just save you from a sizable hassle that might have left you drenched and sick.

One final smile and half rounded wave of your hand was the last thing you gave before turning away from him and letting your feet carry you home.

||

It didn't take long before you stepped on the creaky planks of your porch. You had perhaps walked home a bit quicker than usual due to the elevation of your blood pressure that took half the walk back to finally come down.

Stepping under the porch's awning, you raised your hands to pull back your hood and let your mid-length hair free. Your nails scraped against your scalp with a shake of your head to loosen your locks and let them flow down your back, the ends reaching just beneath your shoulder blades.

Warm breath was released from your lips in a huff as you still tried to process why that simple action rattled you so much. Originally, you would have probably been more unsettled by that strange man but, no. You couldn't get the image of those piercing headlights out of your mind, the sound of the car tires grinding against the asphalt, the large mass hurling toward you.

Quickly, you thrust your hand down from your hair and mentally shook off the thoughts as best as you could.

You were damp. Despite your jacket, you had been out for some time and the cloth had soaked up the moisture that fell from the sky. A hot shower sounded heavenly.

Heading to the door you stepped inside and hung up your jacket on the nearby post and slid your keys onto the ring that was nailed into the wall next to the door.

"I'm home." You called out lazily to announce your presence. The door was unlocked so likely someone was home, but there were no words of greeting in return. You shrugged it off.

Popping off your slightly dirty boots you pressed your socks into the plush carpet of the hallway as you padded towards your room in the direction of the piping hot liquid you intended to douse yourself in.

You were quick to strip yourself of your clothes and crank the shower on full blast, wasting no time once you had locked yourself safely in your private bathroom. Ripping open the curtain, you scurried in and let the rushing hot water flow over you like a welcomed caress from God.

Like most people, you found yourself getting lost in thought as your fingers worked the shampoo lather through your hair. You were no different in that aspect.

Your mind soon began to drift, letting yourself drift into 'autopilot' with your actions, eyes staring blankly ahead of you. Once again, those blinding white headlights encased your vision and you could feel your heart rate spike despite no longer being anywhere near the scene.

You slammed your lids shut, trying to force the images away for the third time...