Sky

The rest of the ride back seemed quiet. Every time you'd glance over at Taehyung, his eyes would be bouncing about, looking at nothing in particular as his face was clouded with a troublesome gaze. Why did that story about the little girl cause him strife? It didn't make any sense to you, but you knew that you didn't want to ruin a good day over it. 

Perhaps you had just imagined it, maybe you were simply seeing what you wanted to see at that moment, to finally be acknowledged by someone who wasn't over a supernatural status? Hell, maybe the little girl hadn't even been there at all. You could have just been out of your mind with stress and depression that you just imagined her up. This is what you tried to convince yourself at least. 

Finally, your ride came to an end. The silence between the two of you broken as you let the camels trot up to a post near the tourist area that was designed to house riding animals while people looked over the pyramid. 

"Come on." You said with enthusiasm in your voice as you hopped down from the saddle and looked up at Taehyung who took a minute longer. "We still have so much to see!" You handed him the rains to your camel as he got down so he could pass them off to the handler. 

The man questioned how Taehyung managed to get an unmanaged camel to follow him all the way here with seemingly no support strains to connect the extra animal to him. Taehyung laughed nervously, saying perhaps he just had a way with animals. No, he just had a way with people. 

Taking his hand, you began to lead him toward the Great Pyramids of Giza, well the biggest one at least. There were people scattered about, cameras in hand and jean shorts plenty. You almost looked like a real tourist yourself as you made your way up to the towering structure. Almost five hundred feet in the air, it made your mear height seem like an ant. 

"Up there." You said as you released Taehyung's hand to point up toward the top of the sculpture made of stone and sand. Taehyung's questionable face read it all, before he could ask you quick spun toward him and smiled. "We're going up there."

It was more of a demand then really a request, given he was the only one who could get you both up there without an extreme climb to the top.

"You're serious?"

"Yes."

"Really?"

"Yes!"

"Okay..." His voice lost a bit of its power as he seemed cautious. What was he afraid of? You both fall to your death? HA! Too late for that.

He squeezed onto your hands and your eyes closed in unison. It only took you lifting your lids to see the deed was already done. Your mouth hung slack as you went to gasp, but your eyes quickly took in the distance from your place to the unforgiving sand bed before. You released a delighted squeak instead.

It was fearful but adrenalizing. Being this high, being at the near top of the Pyramid of Giza. Who else could say they had done this? You took in the sights of the rolling sandy hills, the beautiful shade of yellow that looked like the land was made of gold. It was euphoric.

"What's this?" Taehyung's voice bought you back to reality. Your head stapped to him, swiftly brushing your bangs from your eyes as the wild wind blew them about.

You looked to him, then down to what he was gesturing to. Oddly, a woven brown basket sat perfectly tucked between two rocks to save it from a gust of wind. A checkered blue and while bandana covered the top.

"Oh. That." Your smile returned as you scuffed softly under your breath. "Maybe this little trip was a bit premeditated." Your arms spread wide as you shrugged with a clever smile.