Beautiful Lie

It wasn't the blinding light of the sun that steered you from your slumber, nor the sweet smell of morning tea. There was no warmth of your weighted covers pressed against your body and the surface you laid on was stiff, making your body ache for movement from the rigid material. 

A groan escaped your lips as you tried to twist your body to the side, feeling the rough carpet glide against your skin as you shifted. Though, there was a weight over your waist that you mistook for the rigor mortis of your joints in the morning.  Right, you were still on the floor tucked under a hotel room bed. 

You remembered finishing the movie last night, but things went blank after that. You must have fallen asleep immediately after. Pressing your palms into the carpet you tried to turn yourself to the direction Taehyung was once laying, but the weight on your waist was even more restricting than the stiffness of your joints. 

Pushing through the restraint, you managed to roll onto your left side only to find yourself face to face with your newfound 'friend'. His lids fluttered in a tranquil sleep as his eyes remained closed and his mouth hung slightly agape. He was huddled up to you, much closer than you had last remembered, if that was even possible given the already limited space there was under that hotel room bed. 

His arm was tossed over your waist, draped over your hip, and you could feel the warmth of his hand at the curvature of your back. Your heart skipped in surprise in that single moment, but quickly it was replaced with the overwhelming embarrassment of being cuddled up to this man. 

Your body reacted without much thought, quickly raising up your arms to pry some distance between the two of you in defense of your personal space. Your hand found its way to his face, smashing your palm into his nose as you jerked his head back in that sheer moment of shock. 

Your forceful action seemed to rattle him from his peaceful sleep and you heard him grunt as your hand violently pushed him away. Your impulsive response was chased with faint guilt, hues rounding as all you could think to reply was -- 

"Too close!" in an elevated manner as the color of your cheeks reflected your awkwardness. 

"Okay, okay, okay!" Taehyung grumbled, his words muffled by your hand as you felt his lips move against the skin of your palm, instantly causing you to yank your hand back from his face. He removed his hand from around your waist and brought his fingers up to his nose, kneading at the area you had just so thoughtlessly smacked. 

"Sorry, I just..." Your voice fell weak with remorse. 

"It's fine." He huffed as he cut you off, the tips of his slender fingers moving to his eye sockets to remove the crusted sleep from the corners. 

Shifting, you propped yourself up onto your elbows to avoid his gaze. One hand raised up to your matted hair as you attempted to smooth it down and comb it out, letting your nails scrape against your scalp. Though you couldn't see yourself, you could tell by the matted mess that was your brunette locks that you probably looked like a train wreck. But, what else was one to expect when they slept under the bed instead of on it? 

"What time is it? I need coffee." Taehyung's hoarse voice came out deeper than you were used to hearing, which was considerably surprising given the normal baritone and borderline bass volume of his voice. 

"That actually sounds amazing right now." You said with an exhale as your neck relinquished its strength and your head flopped back into the crook of your folded arms as you tried to recover from the pain of your stiff muscles. 

A few more morning groans and a wide-mouthed yawn left the man beside you, but you only raised your head when you began to hear him shuffling about in his attempts to slide out from under the bed. Right, you probably needed to leave the comfort of your fort in order to get the coffee you so desperately desired.