Fantasy

"What...?" The wave of confusion washed over him more coldly than the rain. Though, it wasn't so much confusion as it was just shocking. His wide eyes staring at you like that of a lost child, needing to understand.

"Please, just listen to me." You hand your arms open, opening pleading for his continued understanding, hoping his mind wouldn't run rapid with possibly.

"I won't go!" The conversation was viably taking its toll on him as he turned to the right and began to march away. For the first time, he was walking away from you and it terrified you. Would he ever run back around? Would he ever look at you the same way again?

"Taehyung!" You screamed, quickly twisting your heels in the soggy soil as you began to dart after him. "Reincarnation is real! Don't you want a second chance at life?!"

"No! I won't leave you!" despite his retreat, he still remained in his selfish mind. He wasn't walking away because he was giving up on you but rather because he felt you were giving up on yourself. He showed no signs of caring about your enlightenment of the afterlife, it didn't matter to him.

"I want you to leave me, Taehyung!" Rushing forward you managed to cut him off just as he reached the old wooden bridge. You grabbed ahold of his wrist and held them hostage between your bodies "I need you to leave me..." Your voice betrayed you as you whispered into the rain. Your eyes staring at your own shaking hands that tried so desperately to hold their reserve. "You could have everything you'd ever wanted..."

"I..." was all he managed to get out before you quickly cut him off back running your hands to the back of his own.

"Here, give me your hands." You turned his wrist to bring his palms parallel to each other. "Touch my face." Placing his hands on softly on your cheeks you motioned for him to take hold of you. Your eyes begging as you looked up to him. "Tell me what you see."

You leaned up to him as he reluctantly leaned down to place his forehead to yours, the warmth of his skin washing away the chill of the weeping skies. Just the feel of him lifted some of the weight from your shoulders, though at the same time it only added that weight to your heart. Staring deeply into those pools of sweet chocolate for a long moment as you asked for his trust, inwardly hoping he could see your clarity.

Eyelids soon fell in unison. Your breath became deep and calm as you opened your mind to him, surrendering your thoughts to the mercy of the man you loved. A sense of vulnerability you could give to no one else.

The walls inside your mind crumbled down and the chains across your heart long since shattered began to melt away. Inside there was only a blank canvas, a sense of emptiness that stretched to infinity, but within' that darkness a ping of light began to shine as if the beginning of the Northern Lights. It grew gradually, each beat of your heart causing the light to burst to life before finally your mind was consumed with nothing else.

The blinding glow faded out, revealing a white country house nestled on a calm suburban street. A large front yard with lush green grass that consumed the land out front. An older woman sat on the brick steps, her chestnut colored hair pulled back into a bun and an elbow on her knee-- her head in her hand as she stared lovingly into the yard.

She watched on as two children played peacefully among themselves. Their hands dusted with dirt as the two of them began to gather up ingredients for the finest mud pie anyone has ever seen. The little girl giggled as she sprinkled grass atop the pie and the young boy tossed peddles atop in the place of chocolate chips. They smiled with pride at each other at their masterpiece.

The imagine would quickly blur as if the viewer was spinning before it would smooth out. A young boy, barely ten years old sat at a desk in the secluded classroom. The look on his face gloom as he doodled on a piece of paper.