Gamble

Heading across the street, you started toward the nearest coffee shop that you could recall, assuming you were the picking the place given you were the one that knew this town the best. But you didn't get very far down the road before you heard Jimin's voice trailing further behind. 

"Where are you going?" He asked as he had stopped in his stride at the corner of the street. 

"Heading to the coffee shop...? Isn't that where we were..." Your sentence trailed off as you turned back around, noticing Jimin standing there casually with two cardboard cups already in his hands. He let his head fall to the side as his smile spread across his face like wildfire. 

"Like I said, I can teach you a few tricks." His voice almost purred as he extended a hand out for you to come collect one of the cups. 

Taking in a breath, you walked back over to him, your trench coat flapping in the wind, exposing the cloud print white silk pajamas you had decided to wear as outer attire. Then again, you had never imagined you would have run into company, maybe you would have dressed differently. 

Taking the cup, you brought it closer to yourself and let the steam travel to your nostrils, inhaling the scent as you tried to figure out what it was you had been given. Instantly, the scent of vanilla blew into your lungs and just the scent alone was enough to make you feel warmer. 

"White hot chocolate, that's what you like. Right?" Jimin asked as he brought his own cup up for a quick sip. Lowering it, he smacked his peach lips as he let his tongue run over the lingering taste, the sight one that caught you off guard and you quickly averted your eyes. "Not bad." He shrugged, guess he had opted to get the same thing. But...you were still unsure of where he even got it. 

"How did you...?" Your voice sounded like nothing more than a whisper, eyes narrowing in your confusion. 

"Taehyung told me." He interjected quickly, stepping past you as he began to lead the way. Though you weren't as curious about how he knew your favorite drink from the little coffee shop down the road, more so of how he could manifest the drink itself out of thin air in a fraction of a second. "He's actually told me a lot about you, it was getting kind of annoying." 

"Can we please not talk about, Taehyung?" Groaning, you rolled your eyes. Spinning on your heel, you moved to follow after Jimin as he began to lead the way to an unknown area, though at the same time what exactly did you have to fear? You were already dead. Jimin just seemed like he was trying to play to your defenses, calling Taehyung annoying despite knowing now they were friends. Did he think by buttering you up and sharing your feelings toward the other reaper he would earn some kind of favor from you? Absolutely not. 

"Okay." Jimin agreed just as you caught back up to his side. For a shorter stature man, he sure had long legs, which made you have to widen your strides just to keep up with him. "What do you want to talk about then?" 

"How about how you just did that little trick back there." Your tone was dry with false humor as you finally brought your cup of white hot chocolate up to your lips to wash the bitterness of your own words back down your throat. 

"One of the many perks of being a reaper." A shrug of his shoulders showed that to him, it was no big deal as if it were a common parlor trick to just make something manifest from thin air. 

"So it's not something I'm capable of doing?" You wrapped both of your hands around your cup, letting its warmth radiate to your fingers and unfreeze them from the chill you had long since ignored. 

"Sadly, no. But that doesn't mean you're not capable of doing other cool things." Jimin said, lightening the mood of his rejection with hope. He looked down at you from over his shoulder and smiled, and you finally noticed the faintly crooked tooth that seemed to add a sense of innocence to his appeal. "Like...here, give me your drink." Jimin stopped on the sidewalk and turned toward you, holding his hand out as he waited for you to do as he asked.