Home

Your eyes fluttered open, moisture captured within the corners of your eyes as you laid on your back. You stared up, seeing nothing but a white ceiling above you. Though within an instant, you knew where you were. Your head fell to the side, seeing that little cat clock upon your nightstand. Your eyes settled, staring at your surroundings that you began to notice was collecting dust.

Everything had its place and not a thing had been moved or touched. You could see your desk off in the corner of the room, laptop closed and resting atop. The white curtains hung lifelessly in front of the window. Your comforter kept you grounded to your bed, wrapped in a sense of warmth that made you never wish to leave. Your eyes moved to the window, noticing those all too familiar droplets of water returning to their race down the glass.

You took in a deep breath as your mind grew a bit heavier. You recalled the memories you had just relived as your eyes fall shut. Your death... you finally saw it in its entirety. You hadn't wished for it, but perhaps it was a slow struggle with your psyche that you had finally lost. At least, it was over now. Though that begged the question, how many days had passed?

This was not the beautiful beaches of the Philippines any longer, and just like every time before when your 'visions' came on strong, you had woken up in a new place. At least this place, you were familiar with. Your soul had returned home, but where was Taehyung?

You curled back the blankets and forced yourself up. Your legs sliding off the edges so your toes could brush against the cold wood floor. You grabbed the rim of the bed, letting your fingers dig into the plush cushion. You felt tired, exhausted even. Your body slumped forward and you let a slow sigh leave your chapped lips. Your lids felt heavy and you let them close for a brief rest as you contemplated on how you were to find Taehyung. Then it hit you...

"Taehyung...?" You called out, remembering how when you cried out for him on top that skyscraper in Tokyo that he came instantly to save you from your sanity. You raised your head and took a look around, wondering if something so trivial could even work, but as your eyes reached the foot of your bed you saw someone standing there.

You offered up a weak smile as your gaze rose to meet those red-rimmed eyes that were color of burnt umber. You could see the worry that twisted his expression, the corner of his lips tilted downward.

"Hey, stranger." You whispered toward him, your voice giving away your frail state. His towering frame almost appeared to be shaking, but you couldn't really tell before he shot toward you like a bullet. He rounded the bed and quickly dropped to his knees in front of you. His considerable height allowing him to meet your level, even on his knees.

He quickly engulfed your face in those hands that felt like home and pulled you to him. He pressed his pale pink lips against your own in a brief kiss, you could feel them tremble against your own before he pulled back and took in a deep breath. His hands rubbed soft circles against your skin as he finally donned a powerless smile.

"God, I was so worried about you." He explained, his eyes bounced between your own. He was searching for signs of damage, wondering if you were alright. You reached up and gently placed your palm over the back of his hand, your smile becoming more genuine as he warmed your frame.

"Was I gone long?" You questioned, feeling as though you knew the drill well now. You let your fingers brush against his skin, trying to soothe him.

"Three weeks..." His rustic voice came out in an apologetic whisper. You didn't need to ask to know that he felt riddled with guilt that he wasn't able to prevent your 'hallucination'.

"Wow." You offered a breathless chuckle as your eyes cast away, a bit embarrassed that you had disappeared for so long and left him to his own devices. You understood now why he seemed so frightened. "I'm sorry." You let your eyes shift back to him as you dropped your smile. How could you wallow in self-pity when he was giving you those large, brown, puppy dog eyes? You felt guilt to him just as he did for you.

"I should be apologizing!" Taehyung raised his voice as his hands left your face and quickly wrapped under your arms and slithered around your waist. He pulled you closer as he leaned into you, placing his head at your chest tilted slightly to the side. He embraced you tightly, worried you'd fade from his sight if he released you.

"It's not your fault." Your hands slipped into his honey brunette locks and softly brush against his scalp. Leaning down you pressed a kiss to the top of his head. You tightened your hold on him, hoping to calm the shaking. Despite your weakened state, your focus went into stopping the shaking of his frame that was rattling you. "I'm okay." You whispered as you continued to pet at his head.

After a minute Taehyung peeled himself off of you, his hands resting at your hips as he leaned back to meet your gaze. He was trying to desperately to see if you were telling him the truth and despite being shaken up and feeling drained, you weren't distraught, not as much as you thought you would have been after finally seeing your own death.

You raised a hand from his head and placed it on his cheek, offering up a weak smile that you hoped would bring him some solace. You softened your gaze, staring into those large brown eyes with admiration. Who knows, if he wasn't here maybe you would be as distraught as one would expect, but through that darkness, you had a light to come back to. Somewhere in your mind, you knew that the entire time you were reliving those visions. You weren't scared to come back here, to come back to him.

"Let's get you something to eat." Taehyung said, his nerves finally soothing as the shaking came to an end. He started to pull back from you and get back on his feet. Reaching forward you grabbed onto his bicep, tightening your grip before he could get too far.

Leaning forward quickly, you let your timid nature be cast to the wind. You closed the distance between your lips and kissed him via your own free will. You had only done it once prior and something in you grew paranoid that he'd pick up on that fact, you didn't want him to confuse your bashful hesitation with rejection. You took in a breath as your eyes fell shut, recalling quickly how soothing the feeling of his lips was.

He slipped a hand into your hair as he softly tilted his head to the side, deepening the soft kiss ever so slightly. You felt your heart fluttering in your chest, bringing you back to life as you relished in this feeling. You let the kiss drag on for a slow minute before he pulled back and smiled at you, how endearing one's lips could twist to brighten up a room was outstanding and his smile was more beautiful than the ocean view.

"Come on." His deep voice said softly before leaning down to take your hand into his engulfing embrace. The way the words rolled off his lips made you want to follow him anywhere. He squeezed your hand tightly as he pulled you to your feet.