Forest

Taehyung's long fingers curled against the branches of a low hanging tree, pulling them back to wave you through the overgrown pathway like a gentleman. Though, for some reason, you found his actions pretentious, like he was forcing himself to help you because he mistook you for some pathetic, wounded kitten.

Sure, you weren't the wisest person alive, but you weren't ignorant. The idea of someone doubting your ability to take care of yourself made you only want to prove them wrong. Though perhaps you were thinking too much into it. Regardless, your desire to prove yourself was rooted in your DNA.

You began to tread a bit more quickly, pushing past Taehyung in your endeavor to lead, despite lacking a clue as to where you were going. Likely he would tell you when you were drawing near, right?

You earned a side-eyed glance from the towering man as you moved past his side and began to lead the way in a direction you were oblivious of, establishing the lead as your stubborn side gained control of your mentality.

"Hey, be careful." He called out, just as you predicted. Despite not knowing this man long, you had been around him for a few hours now and he just struck you as the type of person that liked to take care of others, a protector. 

He was a man that wanted to carry the weight of the world on his shoulders, take responsibility for others and their trials, despite his own shortcomings or struggles. He was ignorant of the priggish behavior of humanity in his quest to protect those around him. It was a childish desire. 

"This isn't my first time walking." A low grumble leaving you as you pulled your scarf tighter around your neck, covering your chilled lips.

"Yeah but--"

"I've got it!" You barked as you shot your head to the side, glancing over your shoulder at him as you let that fiery gaze return to your eyes in warning not to bind you.

Your head twisted back to the front, quickening your pace as you were committed to prove him wrong and show your capability. But in that split second of self-righteousness, you were smacked with reality, quite literally.

You felt the strident, unforgiving sting of something lashing against your face as your skin was kissed harshly by the thin branch of a low baring tree, leaving behind a red mark that stretched from your hairline to your chin, straight across your nose that was already growing brighter due to the falling temperatures. 

You shrieked, arms going up in defense and your body instinctively stepped back to protect yourself. Though it was already too late, your reflexes were no match for the harsh scorn of the tree. Your attempts were in vain.

" Ouch..." Was all you heard from the secondary party as he winced for you, clenching his jaw and hissing through his teeth as if he was feeling the pain for you. 

Your heel hooked on a protruding root and backward you began to fall, your heart exploding with fear in that split second of free air that your body traveled through. But it only took a second for your rear end to meet the hard, wet ground in a sudden thud.

"Crap!" You roared as you instantly began to feel your clothing soaking up the water from the earth and radiate up through the thread of your woven sweater. Pain emitted from your tail bone up to your spine, though it was mostly shock that amplified the sensation.

"Are you okay?" Taehyung questioned as he knelt down in front of you. The tips of his toes dug into the dirt as his legs were sprawled and bent so that he could better meet your height. "You're not hurt, are you?"

"I'm just peachy, Taehyung. Peachy! This is just what I wanted today when I left the house, to fall on my ass in the rain and ruin my clothes." You pouted in anger. Your now muddied hands raised up in a visible display of your displeasure before slamming back down to your body. You panted as you felt your blood boil with irritation, your scare making you unreasonable.