Darkened

Manic laughter and screams of false panic erupted in the room as Taehyung tackled you to the bed. Your forearms came between you and him as you tried to pry him off. It did little, however, to keep his hands from curling into your sides, fingers scrunching against your rib cage as he began to tickle you. 

Your head threw back, yelling as you tried to separate yourself from Taehyung, but he was easily able to overpower you. Uproarious and thrust into a state of hysteria your eyes began to water, laughing too frantically to fulfill the desires of your lungs as they cried for air. 

Demands for him to stop soon turned into pleas, begging him to quit as your sides began to hurt immensely. You tried twisting your body, flopping onto your stomach and digging your nails into the soft comforter of the kingsized bed to drag yourself away from his madness. He continued to ravage your sides until you reached out for the carpet in a last ditch effort to escape. 

"Oh, no you don't." Taehyung hissed as he grabbed onto your right arm that was stretched out to freedom and quickly yanked you back. His laughter was deeper, more mischievous than your own that was quickly turning to gasps for the life-giving gas that you needed to survive. 

You squawked in shock. Pulling you back, he pushed you onto your back and pinned your arm under his large hand. He pressed your body into the mattress with the force of his weight, but you used his lack of proper momentum to your advantage and quickly arched your upper body up and shoved your free hand into his chest. You instantly turned the tables and rolled him over, now straddling his lap. You quickly grabbed ahold of his wrists to his surprise and pinned them to the bed beside his head. 

"Stop!" You demanded, finally able to take a chance to regulate your breathing between fading laughter. 

He didn't resist and seemed to take the opportunity to catch his own breath as he heaved under you, the lime scent of the gin you had just made him consume still lingered on his breath that cascaded across your face. Though, his restraint was just a facáde in attempts to get you to lower your guard. Which worked wonders as you were struggling to regulate your blood pressure. 

He ripped his arms downward, making his wrists slip smoothly out of your grasp in one swoop. He shot his long, boney fingers into the fabric of your shirt and began to wiggle the tips against your ribcage a second time. Your hands planted themselves onto his chest, trying to put some distance between you and the demon that was insistent on leaving you breathless, sitting up straight on his lap. 

You beat your closed fist against his chest, trying to get your point across as you swatted at him. Nothing worked to calm the monster. Finally, after you were heaving sufficiently, unable to breathe properly, you felt your face begin to turn a soft shade of purple. You collapsed back down, headbutting his chest as you lost your strength. Eventually, he got the hint and his fingers came to a halt. He was just as out of breath as you were now, his panting causing your head to bounce against his sternum as you two took a moment to calm yourselves. 

Your breath came out easier, but it was shortlived, however, as a shock wave rattled through your body when you felt his hands return to your sides. Your head rocketed up to look at him, warning him not to do it. Despite that, the shock was replaced with uncertainty as his arms snaked around your waist and wrapped around your body, pulling you closer. You felt your breath hitch in your throat as you became painfully aware of the closeness between the two of you. 

"I like you, Y/N."  He stated matter-of-factly, that deep baritone voice reverberating through your bones like electricity and sending your heart into a panic. 

Quickly you averted your gaze, hanging your head low so that your bangs hid your lids. You could feel your face heat despite your willpower that seemed so fragile now because of him. Your fingers curled into his shirt, scraping against his skin with only a barrier of fabric to protect him from your nails. 

"That girl I described in that restaurant, that girl I wished I knew when I was alive... She has always been you."  His tone was low and soft but powerful enough to send chills down your spine. A thunderous voice that crashed like a wave through the room until the only sound you could hear was him. 

Despite your head being hidden from view, you felt his hands leave your side. For a moment, you missed the warmth that his embrace provided, but you tossed the thought from your mind. You couldn't allow yourself to be clouded by such - what you used to call - pointless emotions. His fingers reached up and curled a strand of your hair, tucking it softly behind your ear before engulfing your face in his large palms that seemed like they held the world. Slowly he raised your head, trying to get you to meet his gaze without force. You fell mercy to his demands. 

Your gaze met his, hesitation pooling in your eyes as you were rendered speechless. Every time he held your face between his hands, it felt like he was untying all of your knots and hammering away at your defenses. His nutmeg eyes were flecked with deeper brown as they bounced between your hues, captivated by his gaze. 

"Am I not good enough?" His words made your blood run cold as you could see the pain sparkle in the back of those midnight pupils. His voice was nothing more than a whisper that robbed you of every last conviction you battled to keep strong. You felt your heart snap in two as it dropped to your stomach. 

It was never him. It was never about his inability to be good enough, or a lack of attraction. It was the wall you had built up so solid to protect yourself from the world, building a barrier around the emotions that you refused to let anyone penetrate. It was a fear that traveled in your veins but never made it to your expressions, a terror that ran so deeply through your blood that you had started to ignore its existence. You wore the mask of stubbornness and spite, an iron restraint you refused to let anyone near for fear they'd get the key and shatter the chains. 

Even now, part of your brain was trying to convince you that this was nothing more than the liquor talking. To rebuild those walls and run, both physically and mentally, from everything that seemed to be uncertain. But it was within Taehyung's capable hands that you finally found your first taste of true freedom in years. A calming wave washed over you, and it both excited you and scared the absolute crap out of you. How many times had he made you want to throw rationality completely out the window? So, what was just one more time?

Balling your fist into the fabric of his shirt, you pulled yourself up and within an instant you sent your lips crashing into his. Eyes slamming shut, you inhaled deeply through your nose as your lungs consumed as much air as they possibly could to fuel your courage. You were trembling, shaking from the grip of your hand to your lips. It wasn't until you felt his fingers begin to lace into your burnt sienna locks, nails grazing against your scalp, that the shaking calmed. 

A tilt of his head served to deepen the kiss, fueling the desire he had held onto for who knows how long. Your free hand planted into the bed, just beside his skull, as you fluidly swayed along with his movements, curling your spine toward him as your bodies became glued to one another. You felt one of his palms shift, moving to the small of your back as he cradled the curve. The tips of his fingers glided across your spine, sending a static current through your nerves. 

You felt his tongue brush against your lower lip, silently requesting access in the most polite way he possibly could in this circumstance. You parted your lips, feeling his tongue graze against your own. The bitter taste of lime and liquor melted away with the flavor of his lips that you were consuming as if they were the sweetest tasting fruit. 

The little voice in the back of your mind demanding for you to regain your composure was silenced by an explosion of exhilaration that the man below you was completely at fault for. You surrendered your control, melting into his desire that began to make your own surface from the depts of your darkened soul it had been so coldly tucked into.