Walk

You were the first to wake that morning, though this time the warmth pressed against your back brought you no alarm. You breathed in deep at the feeling of his arms wrapped around you, using you as his own personal body pillow. You let your fingers drift over the soft baby hairs of his arm, taking in his embrace properly now instead of letting your insecurities overcome you.

Though you could have millions of these moments, you didn't want to take a single one for granted. Your death taught you that life lesson, a bit late, but better than never. However, there was something creeping in your conscious.

Carefully you pulled his arm from around you, not wanting to the stir the sleeping tiger. You softly laid his hand on his hip as you slowly slipped from between the sheets, not trying to take them with you this time. You stepped onto the carpeted floor and turned around, finally getting a glimpse of his peaceful expression.

You pulled one of the pillows your head formally rested upon and tucked it beside his chest as you placed his arm over the soft cushion to mimic your frame. You remembered the little tidbit he told you about, that he slept best when hugging something. You didn't want to wake him, not yet.

You took a moment to admire the view though. His lips barren of that smile but still reflected a sense of soothing contentment. His shifting eyes just behind thin lids, his chestnut hair messy and out of place, lightly tickling at his laces. The way his chest rose and fell with soft breath that made him seem at peace. It couldn't be possible to get tired of this view.

'All people are just diamonds in the rough.'

You could recall your mother saying that to you growing up, you knew what she meant, but to you, Taehyung was simply a diamond. The rest of the world could be as rough as it desired but it never would affect him, he shone with inner beauty all the same. I guess that's another reason why you fell in love with him, that sparkle nothing and nobody could ever take away and you wanted to keep that spark alive.

Raising a hand, you brushed a bit of his tangled hair from his forehead before letting your fingers trail softly down his cheek in admiration. A diamond... your diamond. Lowering yourself down you crotched beside the bed as you placed a feather-light kiss against his lips. Pulling back, you were left only with a smile. You offered a lasting look to his tranquil face before turning and heading for the bathroom, quickly disappearing inside.

||

Taehyung slept for an hour or two longer before he finally let his tired eyes drift open. Much to his surprise, he didn't wake up to find his companion sleeping soundly beside him, no. The room was barren, the bathroom door a crack and the light inside was off. He pushed himself up from the mattress, letting the soft sheet slip down his bare chest as he took a look around the room. 

There was nothing, you were just gone. You would think Taehyung was past his fear of you up and running on him, but that fear still lingered as panic began to filter into his veins and his heart kicked into hyperdrive. He instantly thought 'Perhaps I took it too far, last night.' 

His frantic search came to an abrupt end when he finally spotted a folded up piece of paper on the nightstand beside your place in the bed. He scrambled across the sheets, quickly reaching for the note that read simply 'Taehyung'. 

He took the piece of hotel stationery into his hands and leaned back on the bed, his fingers shaking as he was scared of what he'd find written inside. Taking in a breath, he held it in his lungs as he flipped open the note. 

Tae
I decided to go out for a walk while you were asleep.
I didn't want to wake you up, you looked cute sleeping so soundly.
I'll bring back breakfast, I think I found a place that has the best-rolled crapes in New York!
Wait for me, okay?
-Y/N

The breath he was holding in left his lips in a long huff, relief washing over him as he let his hands flop down to his lap with the note still in his palm. Quickly, he felt foolish for having doubted you. Raising a hand, he rubbed at his eyes and pushed back his hair, taking in slow breaths as he calmed his nerves. 

'She just went out to get breakfast.' He really should have more faith in you after what you said last night. Though, it was easier said than done. He'd never found a connection like this with anyone before, it was that connection that made him so fearful, fearful that he'd lose it, that he'd lose you

He set the note back down on the end table and yanked back the blankets he headed for the bathroom, the scent of his body lingered with the aroma of last night. Though a scent he didn't mind, he figured it best for a quick shower before today's activities, whatever they might be. 

Wondering toward the bathroom, he passed by the wall that was now imprinted with such a lasting memory. He lowered his head, taking a second to let the memories roll through his mind like a suggestive movie reel that he planned on keeping tucked away in his own personal theater. 

Today would be a good day...