Ramen

Taehyung gave you directions of how to get to the next restaurant. He suggested you going ahead and heading there to get the two of you a table and he wouldn't be far behind. That idea seemed better than waiting out front of Otaru in the rain like some creep. So, you sought out to find the place.

It wasn't too difficult, he had given you over detailed and precise directions. Unsure if that was just how he was or due to your clumsy nature he was worried you would get lost, either way, you were grateful since the place was one you weren't familiar with. You were in no hurry, so your pace was slower, figuring you had time to kill while you waited on Taehyung. You admired the neon glow of the shop signs as you wandered down the sidewalk. The way the light reflected off the puddles of water, making it look as though you were wandering down a tunnel of soft blues and purples, some of your favorite colors. It allowed staring at the ground that much more relaxing.

The herd of people had grown thinner than when you were last here, likely due to the time of night. It was already well past eight. Thankfully, you were well rested. Having slept decently well last night along with being a natural night owl you didn't feel the least bit tired, but you were still sluggish from your unintentional fasting all day.

You found the place just two blocks away and had gotten there within fifteen minutes, taking your time on your stride. Not to mention your feet still ached. The lights were on inside, though you didn't see a crowd. Then again, you didn't at the other place either but you still ended up waiting, you just hoped for the best.

Grabbing the cold metal handle, you pulled the door open and stepped inside, the warm air blasting your senses lingered with the smell of pork broth soup. The smell instantly caused your stomach to rumble, reminding you of just how hungry you were. You approached the archway that led into the small shop and looked around for a host. You spotted her within seconds, a small framed woman.

Her jet black hair was a taunt, pulled up tightly in a ponytail allowing the features of her face to be displayed clearly. Her skin was flawless, a perfect light caramel color and not a blemish in sight. Her eyeliner caused her deep brown hues to appear larger and more prominent as it flicked at the crease and ascended upward toward her hairline, her lips tinted the sweetest shade of baby pink. She clearly took a lot of pride in her appearance, and just one look at her made you feel a bit ragged. 

You didn't bother with makeup too often, choosing clothing more for their comfort first over style. Though you had your own taste in apparel like most people. Still, you had lightly damp, chestnut colored hair that frizzed because of the humidity and wind. Your cheeks were flushed and rosy from exposure to the cold and the only thing people could see was your baggy, black zip-up hoodie and a pair of acid washed jeans that now had a more two-tone hombre feel to them due to the water that had radiated up your pant legs and a pair of slightly muddied white and black Vans slipped onto your feet.

But, she simply passed you by. Your eyes moved to the sign near the door ' self-seated'. Ah, right.

You looked around, spotting a small corner table just beside a fogged up window that led to the outside. You slipped into the wooden seat and set your messenger bag down beside you, peeling your hoodie off and laying it beside you to dry a bit. It was warm in that little ramen shop, so you didn't feel a need for it, though you did feel a bit more comfortable wearing it, but you also didn't feel like boiling like a seasoned egg.

You turned your attention to your phone, for the time being, deciding to fill the extra time with mind-numbing media. Your thumb flicked upward across the glass screen every few seconds, letting Facebook show you what the world was abuzz about, though everything you saw seemed like old news. Guess that was a drawback of not having many friends.

You did this for some time, and fifteen minutes quickly passed by. A sudden knock, however, brought you crashing back to reality as you dropped your phone on the table and shot your head to the source of the sound, the fogged window.

You couldn't see anything out there, only making out blurry shapes as people passed by, or the neon glow of the street signs shifting on that hazy window. Though, you did notice something small in the corner of your vision. Leaning down you inched your face closer for a look.

It was a little drawing, not very artistic but cute in its simplicity. It had a large round head and three prongs sticking from it. Its body consisted of a box with one arm outstretched to the sky as it held an umbrella over its head. Its little beady eyes too large for its form only added to its glamor.

It really was adorable

It really was adorable. You placed your fingers against the glass just beside the figure, careful not to touch it and ruin its design.

"Cute, huh?" A deep voice questioned beside you causing you to raise your head up and swing it around to see Taehyung standing at the edge of the table as he removed his coat.

"Yeah." You smiled with no force, your eyes drifting back to the little thing. "Were you the one that drew this outside then knocked the window to scare the crap outta me?" You questioned, offering him a side-eyed look as he slipped into the seat across from you.

"Maybe." He said, trying not to smile but you could see his failure as his nose crinkled. "But, yes to the drawing."

Your eyes rolled, deciding not to comment on his childish behavior. He ripped two of the menus from their place holder on the table and offered one up to you. 

"Thanks." You said, gripping the other end as you pulled the laminated plastic forward toward yourself and opened it.

"UGH! I'm starving!" He groaned loudly as he opened his menu eagerly.

"Well pick an appetizer, and remember what I said." You glared at him from over your menu, threatening him not to disobey you.

"Yeah yeah." He muttered dismissively as his eyes scoured the menu in search of something to quench his famine. 

Though, your own eyes didn't revert back as quickly. You took note of how drastically his appearance had changed from half an hour ago at work. He went from a blue-collar, button up, college student to a delinquent in just thirty minutes.

He wore a band tee, Guns and Roses - classic, and a black and white checkered plaid shirt over it. Likely you imagined he was wearing a pair of acid washed jeans or ripped ones but you weren't going to look under the table to find out. The glasses he wore earlier were now nowhere in sight. You questioned if they were a decorative piece now since he was clearly reading the menu in his hands just fine.

His hair laid flatter today, making its length seem longer as his bangs stretched into his line of sight, shading his pools of dark honey brown. He had just gotten off work but showed no signs of exhaustion, he was just as chipper and energetic as if he had just woke up from a well-rested slumber and already had two shots of espresso.