Smile

"Okay." You finally agreed, after an agonizing minute, your eyes finding their way back to his face just in time to see his expression brighten.

His smile beamed so brightly, you felt as though you'd go blind. His eyes crinkled into beautiful little half moons as his cheeks pushed his entire face up. The smile lines of his face framed his boxy smile as if on display for the world to see. His upper lip spread thin, but still remained that perfect curvature that didn't go unnoticed as it outlined a row of beautifully aligned teeth. If looks could cure cancer, you'd advocate that it was his smile that would do the trick.

The towering man, one year your senior, exploded with joy both outwardly and inwardly. Unable to contain his ecstatic nature, he released your hands and lunged at you with the speed of a tiger, wasting no time to engulf your smaller frame in the tightest hug you could imagine. He actually rendered you breathless.

Unwillingly, a yelp that almost mimicked that of a squeak left your lips as you were crushed against his frame. Wide-eyed and unsure of what to do now, you simply wiggled your hands. It was the only thing you could move as he had your own limbs pinned tightly against your body. You'd seen him smile before, you had seen him happy, but this was a whole new level. 

"Okay, okay." You choked after a minute of the bone-crushing hug. Your lungs begged for the air that he was depriving them of. 

He took notice of your strained voice and finally released his vice grip on your body and took a step back, seeming surprised himself that he reacted so impulsively. As soon as you were free, you gasped for breath, placing a hand at your chest as you could practically feel your lungs reinflate. 

"I know I'm already dead, but are you trying to kill me?!" You scolded, looking up at him with wide eyes, but your anguish seemed to go unnoticed as nothing could knock him off cloud nine right now. 

"Sorry." He said, though you questioned if he actually meant it as that smile seemed permanently tattooed onto his face. 

Rolling your eyes, your shoulders slumped and finally relaxed from the tension of his embrace. Physical affection still wasn't something you were used to. Though something still prodded at your psyche. 

"I know this might 'kill the mood' or whatever, but... are there any risks to this? I mean, for you?" You gestured between the two of you, making him take note of himself. You knew it was a deeper question that might put a storm cloud over his little parade but you couldn't help but wonder, or maybe worry. 

"That doesn't matter right now." Taehyung said, shaking his head and refusing to answer the question that might bring the party to a screeching halt. 

"What? No, it--" Once again you were interrupted by his fortitudinous nature. 

He leapt forward, grabbing onto your hand as if it were the easiest thing in the world for him to do. He tugged on you, starting to pull you along down the sunset colored sidewalk and dismiss your concern. Damn it... You figured you could let the question drop for now. 

|| 

He dragged you clean down the stone path, almost in a dead sprint that was causing your lung to burn with rapid breaths that couldn't be consumed fast enough. Maybe you should have participated more in P.E instead of slacking off. 

He really was trying to kill you today, wasn't he? Just as you were about to try and dig the heel of your sneakers into the ground and anchor yourself so that you could halt him, he started to slow down. He took a left and began to walk more civilized down a short flight of stairs that led toward a canal. You could see the fallen flower petals that the rain had knocked loose, scattered across the surface of the dark water. The parts of the stream that were motionless reflected the sky above perfectly through the protruding branches of the blossom trees.