Amazing

You found yourself at a little restaurant, seated across from Taehyung. The place was moderately crowded but not too much so that you'd feel the air was thin. You ordered something simple, some Nikuman as you had never gotten the change to try it yourself when you had come during that school field trip in freshmen year. 

Taehyung was happy to introduce you to something new that you expressed interest in and was quick to find this place in less than five minutes after a google search on his phone. He ordered half a dozen, which based on their size you felt was maybe two too many, but the excitement he showed at being able to give you a new experience you couldn't turn down. 

You brought one of the minced pork-filled buns to your lips and bit in like a ravaged animal. Perhaps you were more hungry then you let on. The explosion of flavors hit your tastebuds and involuntarily caused you to hum. The seasoned pork, a dash of soy sauce, mushrooms, a hint of spring onion wrapped in the fluffiest non-sweet bun you had ever tasted. Okay, maybe half a dozen was a good estimate, you were sure you could make yourself sick eating too many of these. 

"Good?" Taehyung questioned, leaning over the table to get a better look at your face that was half absurd due to the size of the bun that you quickly shoved back to your mouth for another bite. 

Pulling back, you chewed your food. Your cheeks swollen with delight and a puckered lip smile blessed your lips as you hummed, nodding your head in approval. Taehyung's lips spread thing as he flashed his pearly whites and displayed that box-shaped smile. 

You consumed two in what seemed like a fraction of a second before you finally took a break to breathe and sip at your water glass. Taehyung had only managed to wolf down one before relaxing in his seat across him you. You popped your lips, releasing a heavy satisfied sigh as your shoulders slumped and you leaned your head back just a bit. The beast in your belly finally having calmed and was now peacefully in bliss. 

"Geeze, I think you might have had more fun with that steam bun then you did me last night." Taehyung so boldly pointed out as the corner of his lips pulled into a devious smirk. 

"First of all, Shut up." You snagged a napkin from the table and quickly wiped down your lips before balling it up and bringing it into your lap. "Secondly... Maybe." You flashed that cocky grin back at him in a tease. 

Taehyung's mouth fell open, giving you a look of shock but you were well aware that he knew you were joking. He was just trying to get more attention. You snickered under your breath and rolled your eyes, letting them fall on the window that your table rested beside. For a moment, the image of that little bobble-headed creature Taehyung had doodled on the ramen shopped into fluttered to your mind and brought on a nostalgic smile. 

Propping your elbow onto the table you quickly tucked your chin into the palm of your hand and let your head rest against it. You tilted your gaze toward Taehyung and decided to feed your curiosity as you turned your attention to him. 

"So, it's not actually raining right now, right?" You perked a brow as you noticed the spontaneous question caught him a bit off guard, he offered a faintly nervous laugh as he looked to the window and let his eyes blink a few times more than normal. 

"It's cloudy outside, but no. It's not raining in 'real time'." His gaze shifted back to you, folding his arms along the edge of the wooden surface and tilted into the tables frame. 

"Why did you look uncertain at first?" Your brows knit together, picking up on that moment of hesitation he offered before answering your question. 

"Because I actually had to readjust my eyes to see." He explained though, vaguely at first. "I'm your... well I'm your reaper. So, that means I see the world as you see it first. I actually have to focus to see beyond what you do. It's to help people like us better understand those in our charge." Taehyung's gaze drifted to the table, a bit disturbed that he had to bring up the fact that he was a reaper again. You could see it on his face that he didn't care for pointing out the differences between the two of you. Though admittedly you didn't like to hear it before, you'd grown to accept the fact as just another fact about him. Similar to the fact that his hair was brown, it didn't matter what he was declared. 

"Interesting." You nodded, letting that fact just soak up into your brain but deciding to change the subject to ease his discomfort. "How do I get the rain to stop?" You asked next as your hand slipped to the side of your neck and rubbed against the muscles. Taehyung's gaze quickly shot back up to you, surprised at your sudden question. "I mean, I have nothing against the rain but it's been weeks since I've seen the sun or the night sky. It'd be a nice change of pace." You flashed him a soft smile, explaining your reasoning as you weren't sure what was going through his head when you asked that. 

"Oh..." The whispered, his expression quickly draining of surprise. "Well, the rain is default because... it's the way you last remembered the real world." You choose that phrase over the term 'It was raining the day you died', which he had already used before. He took in a slow, deep breath that made his broad chest expand, along with those strong shoulders you had come to admire. Suddenly, the brunette shot up from his seat and quickly moved to the tables side. 

"Come on." He whipped his hand out to you, palm up as an open invitation for you to take. Your eyes raised, craning your neck to meet his eyes as you could almost repay this exact notion weeks prior. 

Taking in a breathe you bit at your lips in your attempts to hold back the soft laughter that was wanting to crawl up your throat. For a moment you saw him standing there in a white turtle neck sweater and a caramel trench coat, emanating the smell of vanilla coffee. You lost the battle, and let your smile roll across your keeps. 

"Let me guess, 'You want to show me something'?" Your smile grew bigger as the words left your lips, and by the way his burnt sienna eyes shined you knew he was remembering the same thing as you. 

"Trust me?" He repeated, this time in more of a question than previously a statement, his lips mimicked yours as his impatient hand rattled with nostalgia. 

"I only just met you~" You taunted, your voice coming out in a low whisper as you tilted your head up to him. His impatience getting the better of you and before you waited for the little 'replay' scene the two of you were doing, you slipped your hand into his. 

He tightened his grip on your hand and gave it a firm yank. Pulling you from your seat with a yelp that snuck up your throat and filled the air. Without a moment of hesitation, he slipped his free arm around your waist and pressed you against his chest, your heart rate spiking as you were thrust just inches from his lips. 

"On August 11th, 2018." He uttered, in place of saying 'Four days ago' like the little script you were following would have called for. 

You lowered your gaze, your smile big enough to make your cheeks puff out and start to hurt if you held that wide display of happiness linger for too long. He really was holding nothing back now, now that you had accepted his feelings and showed some interest of your own. You were getting the brunt of his emotions and how he felt toward you. You weren't entirely sure your heart could take it. As you tilted your head from him you could feel his warm breath brush against the side of your neck, it made you tingle in a way you didn't know was possible. 

"Lead the way then, Romeo." You placed a hand on his chest, directly over his heart as you pushed him back a step. Trying to put some distance between the two of you before your heart surely shut down due to work exhaustion. 

Taehyung chuckled deeply, getting the memo and taking the hint. He took a step back and it was his turn to take your hand into his. Like you had ordered, he began to lead you out of the restaurant and back onto the bustling streets of Tokyo. This time around, you had no fear in following him, no stubbornness to hold you back. You accepted his guidance and had come to welcome it, even enjoy it. The things you could see in the world once you let go of your reservations was surprisingly amazing.