Peace

You felt more at peace leaving home now. Walking away from the building you were raised in as well as the small town that shaped you into the person you were. You couldn't exactly say why it was so much easier now, maybe that little talk that Taehyung had with your father had given you a sliver of hope that your family - which consisted of only three, knocked down to two - would be okay now. Maybe it was just a pipe dream, but it was better than assuming the worse.

It was the best you had, that little bit of hope and you wanted to hold onto it. You wanted to feed that desire and hope that with enough luck, your assumptions would be right in the end. You had no objections when Taehyung offered to take you somewhere after the graveyard. The look in his alburn eyes was optimistic and wonderous. You felt a sense of life, actual genuine life, ignite in your heart and taking his hand seemed to be the easiest thing in the world at that moment. 

He whisked you away to a city unknown, the smile on him told you that no matter where it was, it would be an adventure. He made the claim to show you sights you had never seen before, to show you things you could only dream of, and he was sticking to his word. 

Letting your fingers glide over the cool metal raining that surrounding that skyscrapers balcony, you leaned against its mostly glass frame. You stared out in amazement, gazing upon the glowing lights of New York city. The way the horizon seemed almost to glow a beautiful pinkish purple color due to the illumination that the wonderous city provided just added to its beauty. 

You loved nature, you liked seeing how naturally beautiful the world could look without mankind's intervention, but you also enjoy seeing what it is the human race had built in its existence.  There was beauty in everything, from every blade of grass that spouted scattered the ground to the intricate and elaborate structures that your race spent so long in designing. One of the largest cities in the world was right before your very eyes and you could see it all. 

You welcomed the breeze as blew across your bare shoulders and ticked at the loose baby hairs that didn't obey in the elegant bun you had tried to tie them into. The ends of your ruffled, light blue dress tried to whisp away with the wind but bounced back as it grazed your ankles. You propped your arms up on the railing, raising one hand to place it against the side of your head to rest. Your eyes darting over every detail of the city, staring at a few lit up skyscraper windows and idly wondering what was just beyond the glass. 

"If only I had a camera." You heard the bewitching voice from behind you. Taehyung's hand taking purchase on the small of your back, lightly fidgetting with the silk ribbon tied around your waste, as he joined you on the balcony. 

You let your lips spread thin with a soft laugh, glancing at him from the corner of your eye before shifting it back to the city lights, you agreed. This would be a beautiful picture to forever capture in time. Though, you'd have to settle for committing it to memory. Even the air brought a sense of relief, being this high up it seemed so clear despite the cities bad reputation for smog.

"Do you like the view?" He asked softly, letting the wind carry his deep words to your ear, instantly drawing your attention with just his tone. You could feel his fingers rubbing circles on your back that made you want to melt into his hands like putty. 

"I mean, how could I not?" You quickly answered as your hand dropped from the side of your head and fell back on the railing. You turned your attention to him, never letting your smile of contentment falter from your lips as you met his gaze.  "I never had the chance to see New York before. It's surreal." 

"We can go anywhere you've ever wanted." He shifted his position, moving to stand directly behind you as his arms snaked around your waist and pulled you back just enough to rest on his broad chest. His embrace was the definition of comfort. "The world is ours." 

You leaned your head back, resting it on his shoulder as your eyes went up to the sky. Though you couldn't see a single star, the moon was just as good. You placed your hands atop of engulfing arms and softly let your nails scrape across his forearm soothingly. Your cheeks puffed as your smile grew a bit bigger. 

"This sounds like some sappy romance novel." You scuffed, rolling your eyes sarcastically before flashing them back on the glowing white moon. "If I didn't know any better, I'd assume I was dreaming." 

"Are you trying to tell me I'm the man of your dreams?" He asked, you could feel his cool mint breath roll over your neck with his sarcastic and cocky answer, which earned him a playful slap against his arm to knock it off. 

"I'm going to say no, because you're being an ass." You let your laughter rumble your chest as you took in a deep breath, letting the air suck through your teeth with a hiss. His embrace grew tightly, hugging you firmly from behind. The heat of his body serving to warm you from the chill air, as if your own person heater that you could curl up to at will. 

"That's not an official 'no'." He taunted back, letting his chin rest against your shoulder. His cologne traveling to your nose, a mixture of lavender and what you wanted to assume might be vanilla, though words couldn't do it justice. 

"Shut up." You laughed, letting your head shake in disbelieve at how shameless he was capable of being. It was your turn to trace soft circles on the skin of his arm. You tried to completely lose yourself in the moment, lose yourself in him and it was working. You couldn't recall the last time you felt such peace. 

Taehyung twisted his head, turning it toward you as his perfectly sharpened lips pressed into the side of your neck, causing you to take in a deep breath to calm yourself. The simplest gesture now seemed so profound and foreign. You couldn't help the fact that your heart rate still rocketed by his intimate touch. 

"I meant what I said earlier..." His husky voice uttered, his lips further brushing against your skin as he spoke. Just the reminder of his bold declaration was enough to involuntarily make your cheeks heat. 

"I know." You replied, having no reason to doubt his claim. He proved himself with the actions he performed, the sweet words he peddled, the gentle way in which he soothed you. It was all the proof you needed to know he meant every word he had said. Though, part of you felt guilt. You hadn't said it back. He didn't seem to be pressuring you to do so either. 

His lips pressed more firmly against your neck, gliding over the skin so softly you were sure that you were melting. You felt the scrape of his teeth and hissed, your body anticipating his next move. It was exhilarating and mildly alarming, the way your body reacted to him. You couldn't deny that you enjoyed it, at least not physically. Your stubborn nature was still very much intact and no matter how he displaced you, you couldn't verbally tell him that he drove you wild. 

His lips took in a piece of your flesh, letting his skin suck at a sensitive area of your neck. Your back curled away from him but didn't pull from his hold. You squirmed, unsure if you knew how to act properly in such a situation. One of your hands left his arm, raising up you snaked it behind yourself as you let your delicate fingers lack into beautiful chestnut locks.

He took your gesture as a signal to keep going, the suction of his mouth becoming more profound as he forced blood to the surface. You sighed into the open air, gripping softly at his hair as you encouraged him further. You were drinking in his actions, intoxicated by his movements. 

Part of you still wondered if this was reality. Everything seemed so perfect, so peaceful now. It was honestly too good to be true. You had nothing to worry for, no reason to fear. You had done the most dreaded task that hung above your head. There was no threat of hallucinations anymore, they would never come again. 

With that alone, you felt as though you could finally breathe. You didn't have to dread the possibility of being thrust into pain at any given moment, you could just enjoy the moment. You could enjoy each moment, with him.