You

"What're you saying?!" Taehyung's heart was breaking before your eyes and it made you want to plunge yourself into the deepest part of the sea. To be the cause of his heartbreaking hurt you in ways you didn't know possible. 

"You can't just give up on us like this..." his voice grew weaker as sorrow began to overtake the anger. You could see the glisten in his eyes, the threat of tears that loomed over him like the rain clouds that haunted you. You had never seen him cry, not really. You had always averted your eyes or tried to soothe him before he could, there was no hope of that now.

Those small beads of water gather in the corner of his eyes were your fault, and you were painfully aware. Take in a shaky breath of cold air, it was like ice dripping into your veins. The world seemed so much darker now, not solely because of the daunting grey clouds. You had already shattered two peoples lives with your lack of existence, your mother and your father, were you always destined to shatter his as well?  

"Taehyung, please." You outstretched your hands, begging to him to let you embrace him but he continued to avoid your touch. Perhaps this was karma for evading his feelings for so long. If death was real, who was to say Karama wasn't some bitch walking around waiting to hit you upside the head with her Prada bag? That would be just your luck. 

"No, I won't accept this!" With a twist, he turned his back on you and faced the forest. His hands flew to his hair as he pushes it back out of his face in frustration. Taking in deep breaths as he tried desperately to keep himself from that explosive rage that was building in his gut. "You don't get to just walk into someone's life then check out of it!" He threw his hands back down at his sides, you could see that rage and sorrow mixing inside of him leaving him confused and frustrated.

"I'm not!" You cried out as you desperately tried to close the distance between you, but could only manage just a single step forward. The weight of what you were doing was too much to bare. It would have been easier just to rip out your own heart and toss it over a cliff than to do this. 

You never wanted to hurt him, even if you had never firmly promised. You could only hope he knew how hard this was for you, how desperately your heart was shattering, the weight of your words was bone crushing, your blood ran cold and thick, each breath was a fight to consume as the cold evening air felt like you were inhaling glass now. 

"I'm not giving up on us!!" You screamed at his back as a tear began to roll down your cheek. The trickling rain began to fall a bit harder as your control wavered, soaking you and Taehyung both nearly to the bone. "I'll never give up on us, Tae."

Silence blanketed you all as Yoongi watched on silently. He had remained untouched by the rain, one of those many 'reaper tricks', then again maybe he was the one who made the tricks to begin with. You had forgotten his presence as you only focused on the man before your eyes, pleading for understanding from the person you had fallen so deeply in love with. Though you couldn't fault him a single bit for his rejection.

"Then why are you going to let him take you?!" He spun back around and you could see red began to circle his eyes. The downpour of rain masked the fact that he had shed tears, part of you was thankful for the rain for that. Preserve his dignity, his strength. He was to strong to be broken, at least you wanted him to be. You didn't want to be the one breaking him. 

It felt like a football field separated you two and with each passing word it grew by feet. Even if you changed your mind at that very moment, could the two of you ever come back from this blow? Even if you rejected Death now and attempted to run the lengths of the earth with Taehyung, would he forgive you for what you had done? Your betrayal? 

"I'm not..." your lips pinched together as your voice whimpered. You lowered your head. Bringing the sleeve of your jacket to your eyes you tried to wipe the salty remains from your eyes only to be replaced with the fresh water from the sky.

Of course, Taehyung didn't understand. How could he? You were barely making and auditable sense to anyone, let alone him. You inhaled deeply through your nose, sniffling as you felt like a pathetic mess. There was no hope of stopping the tears. 

"I'm..." You tried to raise your head to speak but visibly choked on your very words as you coughed and took a few more shallow breaths. Your chest sputtering, your breathing labor. You were like a child who had just been shoved to the ground at the playground and your favorite toy shattered before your eyes, even then that didn't come close to the feelings that wrapped your heart like a vise grip, only reflected your appearance. 

Everything was shaking, even the ground felt unsteady. Your will to speak further was nonexistent, but you had to. It took everything in you to not give up your resolve. To stand by the commitment you made with death. He didn't understand. You needed to make him understand. This is what was best for him...

"I'm letting him take you..."