Morning After

A labored groan was the first sound to fill the morning air of your Tokyo hotel room. Your body felt heavy and sore. It took a few groggy blinks and the dreaded after taste of gin on your tongue before the memories of last night came flooding back.

The warm brush at the back of your neck was the only confirmation you needed to know, positively, that you had slept with a reaper. A slow rustle of your legs was the second confirmation that affirmed this fact. You were still naked, while his body pressed up against your own.

His arm wrapped around you, laying lazily over your hips just like that night under the bed in the last hotel room. You couldn't help but have a moment of panic, or perhaps shock was a better word. Disbelief that you actually made a conscious desition to sleep with Taehyung.

Perhaps the shifting of your body stirred Taehyung awake, or maybe it was the sudden spike in your heart rate - Though, the latter seemed unlikely - that began to pull Taehyung out of his sleep. Do reapers sleep? You felt him shift, pressing against the nape of your neck in a reassuring kiss that worked wonders to calm your internal panic.

"Goodmorning." His deep voice was scratchy. Like running your hand against a rusted classic car, somehow it had charm.

"Morning..." Pulling the blankets up a bit further, you pressed them against your lips in your attempts to hide your insecurities, muffling your voice in the process.

You felt his hand take stake at your hip, letting his fingers dig into your skin softly and give it a yank. He was trying to get you to roll over and the panic returned. Never the less, you followed his gesture and began to roll.

First onto your back, then finally onto your left side. Your cheeks were undoubtedly pink. His face was the first thing you saw, the blankets thankfully cloaking the both of you both. A white sheet that hung like fresh snow on the roof, contoured to your frame in the perfect shape. What happened to the comforter?

His large hand took half of your face, gliding his thumb across the eyebags you were positive was there. Despite how gruesome you likely looked, however, it was only admiration that shined in those dark chocolate eyes.

His lips pulled taut, spreading into a closed lip smile that puffed his cheeks in the cutest way. Damn this man and his soothing gestures, he was causing your blood pressure to bounce and drive you mad.

"How do you feel?" His concern knew no bounds.

"Hungry and possibly hung over." A grumble left your lips as you let your lids fall shut. "How can the dead be 'hung over'?" You questioned as your eyes rolled open.

"You're still human, despite the fact that you're not alive." Taehyung laughed softly under his breath. His fingers curled a strand of hair behind your ear, keeping that dazzling smile plastered on his seemingly perfect features. "Why don't we get you some food?"

"Yesssssss." You hissed as you rolled onto your back and let your free arm sprawl out onto the bed beside you. Still, so much room left of the kingsize bed, yet here you two were plastered to one another, dead in the center.

Taehyung snickered at your mistery. Driving one of his elbows into the bed he sat up, hovering his face just before yours. Without hesitation he began to lean forward, you barely got a glimpse at his lips as he closed in. Quickly, you shot your hand up and slapped your hand over his mouth and held it there. Your head sunk back deeper into the bed to avoid his kiss.

His brows quickly dipped and the look in his eyes was all too reminiscent of your conversation last night. You felt your heart jump, your panic this time was on his behalf.

"Let me... brush my teeth first, okay?" Your hand slipped from his lips and cupped his cheek, letting your brows curl downward in apology for his misunderstanding. Still, you worried it might not be enough. The last thing you wanted was to make him think you regretted last night and you were going to run from the situation a second time.

Leaning up, you quickly brushed up his chocolate bangs and kissed his forehead sweetly, letting your lips linger for just a minute before pulling back, hoping the action would put him at ease.

His expression softened and lighten the load on your heart. Taehyung slipped back into his place, granting you your access to head for the bathroom. You shooked closer to the edge of the bed and grabbed hold of the sheets as you intended to take them with you. However, just as you were about to step off the bed you felt a tug at the covers. 

You pushed your matted hair from your face as you glanced over your shoulder back at him. Your brow cocked in question as his expression became devious.

"I agreed to let you go to the bathroom, but we didn't discuss you taking the sheets." His sweet, endearing smile quickly turned into that of a flirtatious glint causing your head to dip to the side a bit more sharply.

"What? Are you afraid of being left in your birthday suit?" You projected your own fears on him out of sarcasm, your trademark move for uncomfortable situations.

"I'm afraid of not getting to see you in yours again." An effortless and rapid-fire response quickly sent heat back to your cheeks and he saw it.

"Pfffth." You gave the sheet a firm tug, pulling it from his grasp as you turned away from him to hide your bashfulness. "If you're going to act like a brat, then I might not let you!" You taunted back in return, raising your voice slightly in your embarrassment. You took a few hearty steps from the bed so he couldn't rob you of the sheet.

"She likes to yell, mostly when she's flustered." Taehyung quoted, causing you to instantly remember that night in the ramen shop. Your feet that were quickly gliding across the carpet to get to the bathroom came to a stop. "She has a lot of spunk though... I like that."

You tightened the sheet around your body further, almost looking like a sheer evening gown down as you found yourself staring at your covered feet. 'The girl in the restaurant, the girl I said I wish I was with, has always been you.' You took in a deep breath, holding it in your lungs. You couldn't remember the last time you had been this red in the face.

You would have never guessed that he was talking about you back then. Even if he was just putting up a front for the waitress to get her to leave the two of you alone, likely because he could see your discomfort. Perhaps you were just dense. You even went so far as to defend this imaginary girl that Taehyung was 'dating'. Unknowingly defending yourself.

"You're still an ass." You replied back simply with one more bashful look over your bare shoulder back at him. He could see the effect he had on you, he could see it as clear as day. It was you that had taken forever to see the effect that you had on him.