Death

"Taehyung..." You called his name with a heavy heart, your eyes fixated on your feet that rested atop of mossy rock and withered grass. A puddle beneath you that submerged your shoes slightly. You watched the riddles in the puddle expand out and disappear along the rim. The sun didn't shine too well through the thick trees of the forest, leaving the area dark and gloomy. 

A vast blanket of white hung heavy over the woods. It suffocated every tree across the horizon, swallowing every distant object and vanishing around every corner, so familiar that fog was. Though where you stood appeared clear, it still choked everything around you. The freezing fog wrapped around you both like a blanket that you could only see from a distance, though if anyone was looking your way from afar, they would see not a thing. The soft rain that fell lightly from the gry sky helped to dissipate the relentless bog before you.

Hands clenched, you could feel the pulse in your fingertips, you could hear it so profoundly in your ears that part of you wished to go deaf. The musty scent of the forest and the lingering scent of pine filled your nose and it was the only solace you had at the time. That lush green, a smell that would instantly remind people of the unforgiving and harsh wilderness, as well as the beauty that could linger within it all. You took in a deep breath, hoping it'd do anything to soothe you but nothing would make this easier. Never could you completely prepare yourself for this, even if it had been on your mind for the longest time.

Hearing the wooden boards of the old creaky bridge ahead of you, you raised your head to see Taehyung's stoic form take shape. He was clad in black, like the day you met him. He was still so tall, taller then you but you had grown so used to it. Those six inches he had on you only served to make his claim of protection over you seem that much more believable.

He wore a black hoody, the hood lowered to reveal those dark chocolate locks that were moistened by the damp air. His hair laid flat against his forehead, shading his almost obsidian eyes as he stared through the distance at you. For the first time in a long time, you wanted to break that gaze, you wanted to look away from him and not feel this knot in your chest. You didn't want to remain memorized by eyes you had begun to adore, eyes that sparkled with life now held worry and pain. You only hoped they didn't harbor contentment...

His pink lips were painted slightly darker by the cool air of the daunting afternoon, that adorable little freckle gracing his nose. The leather jacket that rested just atop his hoody beamed in the dim light and made him appear to be glowing, rightfully so for the light that he held inside himself. His dark jeans stretched over his long legs as his body ended with deep brown boots, wet and faintly muddied as if he had been walking off the paved path for far too long.

Those boots began to march toward you, his hands nearing his sides stretched out a bit further as if readying to catch you from mid-fall. He ran across the warry bridge as he wanted to welcome you into his arms, thankful he had found you once again. Though he didn't know what it was he was walking toward anymore - not really - not yet.

It wasn't until he reached the end of the bridge and your gaze left his face, did he notice that figure beside you. You brought your dull eyes up to the man at your left, standing barely a few inches taller than yourself. He wore a black trench coat that covered him all the way to his ankles, thick black boots were visible just under. He bore a head of silver hair, shaggy and untamed atop his head. He stood so still that if you were to catch him in a glance, you'd likely not see him at all.

His eyes were small, lacking in all emotion as they raised to meet Taehyung's own. His lips thin, the upper seeming almost a little plumper than the lower. Two small silver hoops in each ear that lead into a perfectly sculpted jawline. His face was small, but the lack of emotions made each feature of his face almost seem haunting. He had a thick nose and soft lines that framed his nose and mouth. His features were sleek and smooth, almost cat-like. You wondered if he'd be cuter if he perhaps smiled, but then again you couldn't even imagine what that would even be like.

"Y/N, who is this?" Taehyung questioned, letting his amber eyes bounced over the strange man's figure for a moment before shooting toward you in question. He stalked a bit closer, cautious of every action as he noticed the strange man look your way and knowledge your existence as well as his own.

"His name is Yoongi." You uttered, finding words so difficult to form. Your throat, nor your tongue wanted to comply with the demands of your brain and your hands shook within the pockets of your jacket. You felt cold, ice cold. As if someone had just dunked you into a frozen lake and pulled you back out.

"He's a reaper?" He had finally gotten close enough to the both of you, standing a few feet away as his clueless eyes still tried to find answers in the situation that read none. The sound of the water kissing the earth echoed in the dumbing silence that followed after Taehyung's question.

"Close." Yoongi finally broke the silence, his tone monochrome and curt. He raised his head a bit higher as he attracted the attention of both you and Taehyung in unison. "I'm 'the reaper'." He corrected, leaving a break only to breathe before adding--

"I am death."