Sandbox

After a quick shower, a brush of your teeth and hair and a change of clothes you finally exited out of the bathroom. Having left Taehyung waiting longer than intended, but oh well. He deserved it after being a pain over the sheets before you left the room, small payback. 

Your hair was pulled back into a messy bun, your bangs framing your face. You opted to wear something casual but warm, given it was still raining, at least it was to you. You wore a pair of jeans and a simple graphic t-shirt and a grey blazer over the top for warmth. 

You took a moment to straighten out your clothes, looking over your frame briefly before raising your head to find Taehyung sitting on the couch across the room. It seemed he had gotten changed as well. A pair of tan slacks and a greyish brown flannel shirt, that was buttoned a bit low. His neck glided down into a beautifully sculpted collarbone that just the sight of brought you to suck in a deep breath and calm yourself, memories of last night wanting to flood back to you but you forced them away, fearful that your cheeks would heat if you did. 

"Are you ready?" You questioned, drawing his attention to you as his gaze was fixed at the window dripping with water droplets that raised down the glass. His gaze quickly shot to you, like daggers to quickly pierced your heart and made it skip in its beat. Damn it, you were acting like a high school girl with a crush now, you couldn't stand it. 

Clearing your throat, you quickly started toward the door, trying to hide your bashful expression with your bangs and a swift escape. Your teeth sunk into your lower lip, mentally cursing yourself to stop your childish behavior. 

"Wait a minute!" Taehyung yelled, quickly scrambling from his seat and rushing toward you. You had barely just wrapped your hand around the doorknob when his words brought you to a screeching stop. 

Your head hung low, eyes darting about as you tried you use your peripheral vision to gauge what he was doing without having to raise your head and risk him seeing the blush that spread across your cheeks so blatantly. You swallowed your empty throat and waited, just as he wanted. 

It wasn't a second later that you felt his large hand place upon your shoulder and give it a soft pull, ushering you back to turn and face him. You released a sigh and stepped to the side, reluctantly raising your head to meet his dark topaz eyes that could see right through you. You didn't need to say anything for him to know you were being meek. His hand shot to your cheek, gliding his thumb just under your eyelids while his other fingers cradled your neck, sending a shock wave from his touch straight down your spine. 

He met your lips in haste, quickly planting his atop yours and successfully stopping your heart. You let your eyes flutter closed, no matter how many times your lips met his last night you weren't ready for it now. You tensed, but only for a moment before you almost melted into his touch. Despite your abrasive nature, you returned the feathery kiss that lasted only a few seconds before he pulled away and let his perfect pink lips pull taunt into a smile. 

"You said I could have a kiss after you brushed your teeth." He pointed out in triumph that he got his 'prize'. He kept his hand placed on your face, staring down at you with the sweetest smile but the most devious eyes, that combo you both wanted to admire and scold him for. 

"Happy now?" Your sarcasm dripped out in defense of your elevated blood pressure. Raising a hand you planted it on his chest, ready to offer some distance between the two of your when his words stopped you dead in your tracks. 

"You have no idea..." His baritone voice whispered as his cocky smile faded from his lips. His eyes darted between yours, searching the abyss for something deep inside of you. Part of you hoped he found what he was looking for in your eyes. 

You released a slow breath as you found yourself lost in deep pools of milk chocolate. You felt as though there was a magnet in your chest and it was pulling you closer to him, closer to the only comfort you had found in weeks of unfiltered hell. Your coy, however, was quick to bring you back to your senses and lower your head, breaking from the spell his eyes created. You cleared the lump that formed in your throat and took in a deep breath. 

"Come on. I'm starving." You skillfully tried to avert the subject back to the desire rumbling in your stomach. Without much of a though, you dropped your hand by his side and quickly took his free one into your own. You laced your fingers together and pulled him toward the door as you opened it and dragged him out into the hall. A red tint littering your cheeks without permission that the touch of his skin only helped keep it firmly planted there but, you wanted him close despite your inner turmoil. 

Yanking him along, you headed for the elevator, the blush faded little by little as your body grew used to the simplistic gesture. You headed down to the lobby, without a clue where you even were. Taehyung had phased the two of you there last night but, that was part of the adventure, wasn't it? The risks you agreed to take when you accepted his offer yesterday. 

You were bound and determined to have fun. There were no more secrets, no more unkept feelings, no matter how unusual and new they may be. This felt like a fresh start. The world was your sandbox. You had no one to answer to, you had nowhere to be. It was just you and Taehyung in a world all your own and right now, you just wanted to make the most of it.