Bubbles

Your body sunk down deeper as the soap bubbles brushed against your collar bone, helping to conceal your bare frame from prying eyes, and oh my were they prying. The thin rim of the champagne glass pressed against your lips as you let the strawberry flavored bubbly made its way down your throat, rose peddles sprinkled atop the foamy bath as if sprinkled on clouds. You focused on the floating hints of red over the over-baring gaze of the brunette that was nestled into the other side of the tub. 

"It's not polite to stare." You muttered, letting your teeth graze against your lower lip before licking away the fruity flavor. Those deep earthy brown eyes rolling over your face and exposed shoulders sent a nervous tingle across your skin. 

"It's not polite to sit across from me naked and expect me not to." Taehyung replied, his arms lining the rim of the oval shaped top, the bottom of his champagne glass clicking against the porcelain dome. He showcased a smile, calm and content in nature. Despite your declaration, he still didn't look away. 

"This was your idea." You bit back, letting your brows flicker upward before your hues rolled back. Shifting in your seat, your bare legs propped atop his own as you faced him in the tub that was thankfully big enough for two. You plastered your gaze anywhere but his eyes, the dim light from the candles - a god sent - as it helped to mask the unceasing blush that was scattered across your cheeks like morning snow. 

"This was a great idea." His voice faded out into soft laughter that rumbled his chest and sent ripples through the water and straight for you. 

"Whatever." Your lips fought a battle to keep from smiling and quickly lost at the heavenly tone of his laughter, shaking your head softly. Your brunette locks were pulled back into a messy bun that sat atop your head, strands of baby hair tickling at your face. 

Setting down your glass of strawberry champagne you reached for the small bowl of pretzels nearby and topped one into your mouth, pouting as you chewed as if mocking him for the way he ate. A romantic bath in an upscale New York hotel with a guy you met in death, in life you would have never imagined this possible. It was his idea, no doubt. He was taking his statement, to show you things and let you experience things that you had never done before quiet seriously. 

"You know..." He started, his burnt seana gaze finally breaking from your frame as he looked to his glass. His finger began to trace the upper rim of the crystal, a melodic hum softly filling the room. "Part of me questioned if you were going to..." He bit down on his lip, which caused an involuntary inhale to consume your lungs. 

"Going to what?" You encouraged him to finish his statement, seeing as he was hesitating now. Finishing your simplistic snack, you let your body sink down further in the water, all the way up to your jawline. You repositioned your legs, having to make up for the different and crossed your ankles in his lap, your toes wiggling as they tickled at his stomach. 

"If you were going to leave." He finished, letting his eyes stake claim to you a second time. His carefree expression had dropped, his lips falling in a straight line as his eyes became dull. "Our little agreement, for me to keep the hallucinations at bay and you'd stay with me... is over now."

"So?" You questioned, letting your lips near the water as you blew your own bubbles through the liquid in idle entertainment. You kept your eyes on him now, covered up to your neck and the bubble bath allowing your bare frame to be out of view let your nerves to calm and the blush to fade. 

"So, you have no obligation to me now..." You saw the apple of his throat bounces nervously, his jaw clenching as he forced his gaze to one of the small flames of a nearby tea candle. "You were gone for three weeks... I couldn't help but question if you had 'come back' sooner and perhaps you had just... left me." 

Uncrossing your ankles you quickly planted your foot into Taehyung's chest and suddenly gave him a soft kick, just enough to get your point across and get his attention back on you. He jolted at the sudden gesture, his eyes rounding as his head shot back in your direction. You pulled your legs back as you pushed yourself up to a seated position, letting your upper body come free from the water and leave the camouflage of the bubbles, throwing your embarrassment out the window. 

"I had no control over how long I was gone, you know that." Reaching out you slapped your hands on either side of his face, letting your wet fingertips dig softly into his skin as you locked his gaze with yours. "And the first thing I said once I came too, was your name." Your eyes blinked, trying to force away the sudden anger you felt, unsure exactly why you felt so irritated at his words. "I know I'm a runner, I know I don't do well with emotions, but don't assume the emotions I do show so lightly." 

Taehyung's expression mimicked his surprise. His perfectly sculpted lips agape as he was frozen in a state of all, taken back by your abruptly brash nature. The look in those chocolate eyes quickly bringing you back down from your outburst, your touch becoming more gentle as you swallowed your anger. 

"The 'deal' is off." You took in a slow breath, letting your eyes close for just a moment before reopening them to show him your sincerity. "I don't need a deal to be here anymore." Leaning forward, you shimmied yourself between his legs to get closer. You let your forehead meet his own, fingers softly stroking at his cheeks. "I want to be here, Taehyung." 

The life returned to his eyes as that box-shaped smile spread across his lips again. He raised his hands from the rim of the tub and brought them to the sides of your neck, holding you in place just as you had done with him. The warmth of his skin more comforting than the soothing water that engulfed you both, the feeling of his touch more welcoming than the warmth of a blanket. 

"Thank you..." His raspy tone whispered back. Collectively your eyes shut and no time was wasted before his lips met your own in a feather-light kiss that sent you swirling into him. Your head tilting to the side, welcoming the gesture with open arms. Your hands leaving his face as you snaked your arms around his neck and held him close, while his own found purchase around your waist.