Deal

"How long do you really think this fairy tale of yours will last?"

"I won't go with you." Your head shook back and forth violent as you rejected his attempts to sway you into a false sense of insecurity. The wet ground had been barren of new rain at least as far as you could see, that was until you began to speak again.

"Y/N, this is a pointless--"

"I want to make a deal!!" You quickly interrupted him before he could berate you any further. "I want to make a deal." You repeated more calmly. Straightening your back and lining your shoulders you held yourself tall. Soft beads of water began to fall from the sky and sprinkle the ground. You showed no signs of wavering and tried to remain as visibly strong as you could to show your conviction.

"A deal with death...? He asked aloud, his brows raising faintly from their solidified state they had always been in. He was taken back, but he was interested. "What kind of deal?"

"Keep me, and release him." You tightened your jaw as your hands clenched into fits beside your body. Your lungs felt tight and your heart heavy but you continued on. "Let him move on and let me take his place." For the first time, you saw death's stone cold face twist and shape into a smile. Well, more of a smirk, a sarcastic one at that. He scuffed under his breath and his eyes rolled away from you. He wasn't taking you seriously.

"And why would I want an inexperienced person over someone who already knows the job?" His eyes rolled back to you as he clasped his hands in front of himself now. One brow raised as he awaited a compelling explanation to his question. Despite the rain that began to dampen your frame, Death remained dry. Though his hair color to a more gunmetal grey due to the lack of light from the overhead sky.

"Because I learn fast, I've been able to do things much sooner than other spirits and I have done things that defy logic." You offered yourself up like a piece of meat. Though the look on his face seemed as though he did not believe you, you had proof if he needed it, but he had a valid reason to doubt after all. To him, you were just another soul. You knew you needed more to sweeten the deal...

"And, your reaper is compromised. He's too attached to something now that will forever impact his profession. He's a high risk of failure now." You felt guilty for addressing Taehyung so rudely but you had to. "I, on the other hand, will likely only thrive with his absence, because I know because of what I'm doing, he will be alive again." Your lashes flicked away the gentle rain as you tried to remain unwavering.

"Alive again?" Yoongi shifted in his weight now, appearing to become restless as he stepped to the side and began to wonder, pacing mostly as he began to circle you in both his angst and curiosity.

"Yes." You nodded your head, letting your eyes follow him as he moved. "I'm aware of what the light really is, and it's that light that I want for him." You kept your chin high despite the shake in your hands. When he made a full circle around you, your head would snap to the other side to keep your gaze locked with him.

"How do you know he wants that?" Death had questioned as he continued to prowl, he was trying to pick apart your words. He was trying to do everything to unravel your uncertainty but there was none to be found, you were more certain of this than anything else.

"I know... because I love him." Your conviction was strong. You knew he'd want this, you had talked about it with him endlessly. Though you knew this wasn't the way he was going to want it, you wanted to give it to him regardless. That choice he had never gotten, the life he never got to live. You'd sell your soul if it meant giving him that.