Bar

With more struggle than you would have liked to admit, you managed to climb out of the boat with Taehyung's assistance. Though when he placed his hands on your hips to help lift you onto the elevated dock, you couldn't help your complexion turning a shade of rosy red again.

Hobbling away from the boat, you quickly made your way up the set of stairs and to the sidewalk as Taehyung paid the man for the ride and thanked him. You took a minute for yourself, still processing what you had just been told and still unable to completely comprehend it all.

Slow, deep breaths filled your lungs before you heard his boots clicking against the stone walkway as he grew closer.

"So, do you wanna talk about what jus--"

"Nope." You said, holding up a hand as you thrust your palm in his direction. "Right now, we're just gonna pretend I didn't hear anything." You started walking, trying to avoid the subject for all it was worth. Feelings, emotions - you weren't ever good with those kinds of things. Your form of compassion was a well placed sarcastic jab that would target someone's emotions playfully. A biting attitude that added to your spunk.

"Y/N." He whined, sounding a bit hurt at your rejection.

"No, no." You shook your head about, still refusing to hold this conversation right now as you got further away. "Just, give me time to process it. Alright?"

Taehyung's footsteps thankfully began to follow you, and you could hear them just a few feet back. Maybe your response wasn't the story book version he'd wanted, but how were you expected to respond after learning something like that? During all this, affection was the last thing on your mind.

"Let's find a hotel somewhere." You muttered, stuffing your hands deep into the pockets of your forest green jacket. The wind started to turn nippy, and you could feel it ravage the exposed parts of your skin that your holey jeans failed to cover, not to mention the moisture from the rain that apparently wasn't even actually there. 

Your mind thrust into hyperdrive had yet to calm in its thoughts. Suddenly pivoting on your heel, you turned to face Taehyung head on, trying to deprive your expression of any emotion as you looked up at him.

"Actually, why don't you just phase us to some nice hotel room?" You half suggested, half demanded, holding your chin up high to meet his height. "One with a bottomless minibar, preferably." You added, tightening your lips and jaw as you stood there as if standing before your high school mathematics teacher and demanding another grade.

Taehyung's brows curled downward, confused by your sudden request and taken aback by your added demand. You could still see the hesitation and dismissal you had so rudely given him sparking like flares in the corner of his dark honey eyes. With a heavy breath, he held out his hand palm up for you to take.

You slapped your hand into his, which he engulfed in seconds. You fought back the urge to let that retched blush return to your cheeks and show any sign of weakness.

It all happened in a flash, as per usual every time that little trick was used. It was like blinking, one second you were one place, the next somewhere completely different. The warmth of a heated room was the first thing to grace your skin and break your stern gaze from Taehyung. You wasted no time in ripping your hand from his grasp as you whirled around, taking a look at your new surroundings.

A Japanese paper wall separated the small living room from the large bedroom just on the other side. The bed was huge, but then again there was only one of them. Still, there was a sizeable chaise lounge that lined the window, a stunning landscape of Tokyo just outside the flowy white curtains. The room was decorated in calming brown tones and soothing tans. Though as your eyes wandered the room, you frowned when you didn't see your final request.

"Where is the...?" You started to say before Taehyung stepped to the side and waved his hand to the circular coffee table elegantly placed in front of the chaise, cluttered with bottles of Sake and Soju. Perhaps an endless mini bar in the room was a bit of a stretch, but then again you were with a man that was capable of manifesting anything in the blink of an eye.

Your brows perked up and you quickly rounded Taehyung and headed for the table. Letting your heavy, damp figure fall onto the soft cushions of the chaise, you sunk into its plush fabric. Your arms stretched out to the sizable bottle of Sake and you took it into your hand. You poured yourself a cup, as well as a second that you slid across the table closer to where Taehyung stood, still silent.

It was only a matter of seconds before you downed the shot of Sake with a toss of your head. You winced and scrunched your nose, feeling the harsh liquor burn its way down your throat. You hunched forward, hissing behind a clenched jaw as the bitter flavor set into your taste buds.

"Are you even of legal drinking age?" Taehyung sarcastically chastised as he leaned over and took the cup you had slid in his direction.

"Are you?" You quipped, cocking a brow as you tossed your head back up to meet his gaze. You had never asked him his age, but earlier he had told you how he'd died at the age of nineteen, so wouldn't that put him at that age permanently?

"Touché." Taehyung shrugged his shoulders as he wrapped his fingers around the slender cup. He brought his body down to the ground, choosing to sit on the floor across from you. He took the shot and similar to you, he hissed at its extremely bitter flavor. His tongue stuck out and eyes pinched shut, clearly more affected by the pungent flavor than you.

"Have you ever had liquor before?" Your lips curled at the corners, smiling with amusement as you watched his loud facial expressions that showed his distaste.

"Wine." He admitted, after smacking his lips together loudly.

"Well, it's an experience for both of us then." You commented, grabbing the bottle of Soju from the table. Strawberry flavored, not your favorite but maybe it would be less bitter than the Sake.

Leaning over the table, you refilled Taehyung's glass with the new brand of hard liquor and did the same to your own glass. You were only one shot in, but you felt as though it was loosening the tension between yourself and the party sitting just three feet away.

Stress drinking, you had always heard it was to be avoided. That's how alcoholics were made, but the repercussions were tossed straight out the window with the reminder that you in fact were no longer part of the living population.

Raising the strawberry concoction up into the air, you extended it out toward Taehyung as you proposed a toast. Your left brow cocked higher to the sky as a devilish smirk tugged at the corner of your lips.

"To taking more risks~" You insisted, waiting for him to clink his glass against your own.

"To taking more risks." He repeated in agreement, his head nodding as his brunette locks were slightly displaced. You could still read the discomfort on his face like a neon sign.

As foolish as it was, you were trying to blind yourself to everything, literally drinking as a coping mechanism. Given you had no idea what else to do, and given your agreement hours prior, running away didn't seem like a reasonable option anymore. This wasn't exactly a healthy alternative, but at the very least it seemed like an entertaining one.