Deal

The lighting outside was nearly nonexistent. Only the neon hum of the bright rectangular light that read the restaurant name offered a bit of visibility. A few old white dirty chairs out front, damp from the rain, offered those waiting a place to rest though they were coated with specks of dirt from the blowing wind. Though you'd rather stand than get your backside drenched for the second day in a row.

The seats were empty, which offered hope that there was also an empty table inside. Beige curtains hung halfway down the entryway in place of a door, a tradition for places like this? They waved as if beckoning you inside. You never really understood the purpose of those drapes.

A step closer to the door frame and you turned, lowering your umbrella and yanking it closed before collapsing it in on itself and shaking away the droplets of water that clung to the clear plastic lining for dear life. Your earbuds were next to go.

You stuffed them away in your bag and curled your fingers between the slit of the curtains and pulled it open, peeking your head inside. Instantly, your optimism was shattered as you noticed a small line of people waiting just in the doorway - choosing to stand there instead of in the rain - spreading down the narrow hall that was headed to the hostess booth.

Damn, what now? Wait the little line out or find somewhere new? You didn't really favor the second option, your feet already wanted a break. Taking in a breath you decided to just bide your time here in the line. Hopefully, it went down before the restaurant's last call and they started to close shop.

You began to think of alternative plans in case that did come to fruition. Maybe you could just get a quick bite at the convenience store down the road, the fast food joints were too far and the almost plastic taste they provided wasn't something that excited your taste buds right now. 

You waited there in silence, hands clasped politely in front of yourself with your back to the hallway wall, head down. The smell of cooking meat and sauteed vegetables wafted through the shop and down the cramped hall you stood in. The faint scent of sake and hard liquor tickled at your nose. It could be heard, the roar of conversation stemming far beyond your hall, glasses clinking and plates being set down as guests gasped with delight. This place always had a very homely atmosphere and though you were quiet and didn't speak much, the staff always welcomed you warmly and respected your privacy. Not badgering by continuing to come to check on the lonely girl at the table by herself as you frequented alone. 

The others in line talked softly amongst themselves, gossip here and there, an outburst of laughter every once in a while. Everyone had a pair, either coming as a couple of friends or lovers out for a bite. It wasn't normal for people to dine alone nowadays, was it? Well, since when were you ever normal?

It took a good thirty minutes of step by step paces forward before you finally reached the hostess booth, only one couple left in front of you. You could feel your feet throb, you'd been walking a lot more than normal lately. 

The hostess came and whisked the couple away into the crowded restaurant. Finally, you raised your head and turned to face the podium, your body stiff and uncomfortable as if you were about to give a speech to the Senate at the idea of having to converse. 

"Sorry, that was our last table everyone! We're not seating anymore tonig --" The hostess words cut off, or rather host. There was a collection of groans behind you from the people still waiting in line, but you didn't make a sound. You were stunned more than anything.

"Taehyung?" His name left your lips but came out as nothing more than a whisper.

"Y/N! Hi!" His voice was so energetic and upbeat, and he showed no signs of tire despite his appearance looking as though he had been on the clock for some time. Sometimes his energy levels seemed to mimic that of a small child, perhaps it was a part of his 'charm'. He was optimistic, to say the least.

His thick button up black shirt was rolled at the sleeves all the way to his elbow. Small specks of debris tarnished that perfectly white canvas across his broad chest. He wore black slacks and matching oxford shoes, an apron wrapped tightly around his waist had hand-printed smudge marks likely from using it as a quick napkin in his rush to another table. 

Though, he wore one accessory you hadn't seen before, glasses. Silver metal framed specs framed his eyes and rested upon his ears that just barely peeked out from behind those straightened brown locks. The shine from the overhead lights abstracted your view of his eyes.

"Looks like I got here a bit too late." Snapping your gaze from him you shook your head and forced a laugh. The people behind you began to pile back out of the entrance in search of something else. You took a step back and pulled free one of your hands from your pocket, raising it up to offer a bit of a wave. "Well, guess I'll go. Don't work too hard, okay?" You spoke softly in parting words.

"Hey!" He called out, leaning forward on the podium. Though his single word brought on a soft sense of dread. It was too easy to assume he'd let you leave just like that. "I get off in thirty minutes. If you're hungry, maybe we could get something to eat together? I'm starving!" He offered, folding his arms against the wooden platform, letting his weight rest on it as one of his feet kicked up to rest on the toe. He propped his head up with his hand, his fingers curling to lightly press the pads against his cheek with a bit of a head tilt.

"Ah, I don't know..." You said in uncertainty, you were hungry, yes. Though you questioned if you could really wait another half hour to eat, your energy was already being diminished. Plus, where would you wait? Sitting out in the rain outside didn't seem to be the most brilliant of plans, especially since this placed was tucked away in a cold dark ally way. But, it was just thirty minutes.

"Come on. Just around the corner is a little ramen shop. They're open for a few more hours. Their food is really good." Once again, he tried to convince you, the shine on his glasses having disappeared due to the lower angle of his chin. But the light still found his hues, shining off the corners to offer an innocent little sparkle that only added to the pleading expression he beckoned to you with.

You released a slow breath, breaking your gaze away as you stared at the floor to your left in thought. You tightened your lips, curling them in on themselves as you pondered. A more pronounced sigh leaving your lips as you raised your head and let it bounce.

"Okay, fine." You stuffed your hands deep into the pockets of your hoodie. "But, I'm buying us appetizers. You got coffee yesterday, and I don't like free handouts." You insisted.

His hand fell from his jawline as he laughed softly. "Deal." He agreed, this time without a fight.