Light

Taehyung returned in no time with two teacups elegantly filled with caramel and cream colored liquid that smelled of a morning pleasure. He set your cup down in front of you, causing you to sit back up in your seat and yank your hands to your lap as he rounded the table to sit across from you.

He settled into his seat and set his own cup down on the table and raised his eyes - that had now been completely drained of their tired nature - to meet your gaze. But that blissful innocence in his eyes was short lived as he brought his gaze to the potted plant that was the centerpiece of your table.

Curling your fingers into the porcelain hook you raised the cup up just as one of your brows did the same.

"No. No." He muttered as he brought his hand up to the side of the pot and roughly pushed it down the table and out of his line of sight as if angry at its existence. It slid down the table a short way before the edge of its pot hooked on a bump in the rustic wood tables and it started to topple. "No! No!" He said again, this time in regret of his impulsive actions.

You snorted, nearly spitting out the small amount of tea you had managed to funnel into your mouth as the man across from you scrambled to try and catch the plant before soil littered the table. His knee jerk reaction was thankfully fast enough that he managed to save the innocent plant and bring it back upright.

"What the hell did the plant do to you, Tae?" You questioned as you set down your teacup and snagged the napkin that was folded neatly on top of the small saucer the cup had come on, using it to cover your lips and stifle your laughter.

"It was in the way, I was just trying to mo--" He stopped mid-sentence as he set the plant back down but held onto it as his attention turned to you. "Did you just call me 'Tae'?"

"Nope." You lied, a rumbled cough leaving your throat in attempts to nonchalantly play off your white lie. Your head shook back and forth as you pinched your lips together. It was an involuntary response to simply just get his name out quickly, your thoughtless actions would truly be your downfall.

Slowly his hands pulled away from the plant that was successfully stationed off to the side now. His eyes, however, studied your face with dipped brows as you raised your cup in attempts to drown out your discomfort. Thankfully, he didn't badger you any further about the sudden outburst and the tension toned down.

"So, you never did tell me what city we're in." You decided on changing the subject as you let your teacup click against the little plate that served as its coaster.

"Yorkshire." Taehyung said as it was his turn to drown his words with the caramel scented coffee he had ordered.

"Yorkshire?" You repeated, at the moment you were trying to place the city's name. You didn't leave your little town very often, which was probably part of the reason why you wanted so desperately to venture out of it for college.

"Wait. Yorkshire?! That's a two-hour drive from home!"

"Hour and a half if you take highway 180."

"You got here in forty-five minutes."

"Yeah..."

The gaze in your fire filled eyes was all Taehyung needed to see to know you were clearly disapproving of his reckless attempts to get here quickly and collect you.

"To be fair, you told me to hurry."

"Hurry, but not put yourself in danger. It's been raining, Taehyung."

"Hey, I got here in one piece."

"By a stroke of luck probably!"

"Be mad if you want, but it was an emergency."