12: The One With The Drunk Uncle

"What the hell happened to you?" Cheryl asked as her girlfriend walked into the house. "My drunk uncle." The pink haired serpent walks in jacket in hand and face beaten by her drunk uncle who blames her for his brother's death. "Why?" Cheryl walks Toni upstairs to the bathroom. "He blames me for my dad's death. He was on the way to the hospital after I-." She looks down not wanting to say what happened. "After you what?" Cheryl ask her girlfriend not knowing. "I ended up in the hospital. I don't feel comfortable saying why." Cheryl wipes the blood of her face. She's done this a few times, so many they have a routine. She wipes all the blood off her face and wherever else, disinfects the cuts, gives her Advil for the bruises and ices them. "It's ok. We've only been dating for a month." The red haired girl says seriously. They are one of those couples who don't hide things and when they do it's because they are not comfortable with it, but at some point in time they do. Cheryl notices something else is up. "What's wrong?" She sits in front of her serpent girlfriend. "Besides the obvious." Toni sighs. "I don't have anywhere to go. He told me to get out of his life." Cheryl rubs her girlfriends cheek. "You can stay here, I'll give you a spare room if your not comfortable with staying in mine." Toni tries to argue but Cheryl stops her. "Your staying with me. No questions." She pulls Toni into a kiss. "Ok, but I get to sleep in your bed, with you and get to hold you until we both fall asleep." Cheryl smiles. "Do you have any clothes?" She shakes her head. She just grabbed a few things and ran. "No, I grabbed a few things and ran. And I already didn't have a lot. I moved from house to house, my parents divorced when I was 5. I don't remember my mom, I've already told you all this." Cheryl stands up and reaches her hand out. Toni looks up at her girlfriend confused. "Come on, we're going to my favorite place." Jason used to bring her to this one spot near Sweet Water, after Jason died she was there all the time.

They had been lying there for a while talking about everything. "Toni." The serpent hums saying that she's listening. "What happened to your parents? We talk about me but we haven't really talked about you." The Blossom heir sits up on her elbow and faces her girlfriend. "My parents divorced, lived with my dad until I ended up in the hospital. My mom abounded me, I don't even know if she's alive. I wanted to live with my uncle because before my dad died he wasn't grieving and he now just blames me for everything. I know it's not my fault my dad died, I still feel guilty for it. It's not my fault I was in the wrong place at the wrong time!" Toni yells the last part, clearly frustrated. She rubs her hands over her eyes trying not to cry. She sits up, Cheryl quickly following. "It's ok to feel guilt. It's also ok to cry if you need to." With that Toni is in Cheryl's arms crying. Cheryl has never seen her girlfriend cry, she doesn't really know what to do. She's usually the one crying with anyone. "What did you do when your brother died and people kept saying you did it?" Toni ask. "The innocence project. It's kinda hard for you to do but that's what I did. I don't know how it will help you." Cheryl starts to shiver, Toni quickly notices and gives Cheryl her Jacket. Cheryl doesn't even try to resist because Toni is where 1 million layers. "Toni, I love you." Cheryl had been wanting to say it for a while now and she finally got it out of her. Toni smiles. "I love you too." Toni pulls Cheryl into a kiss.