17: The One With The Football

CHERYL POV:

"You are not joining the Football team!" I yell. Toni turns around. "Why?" She ask we've been arguing over this for a hour. "Really, Why don't you want me to join? Is it because I'm taking your brothers number?" I sit down at the table. "Part of it, I don't want you to get hurt Toni..." I look down. "Cheryl! I'm in a fucking gang!" She yells. "I'm more likely to get hurt because I'm in a gang I didn't want to join in the first place. I want to do football, I can get a scholarship and get out of this shitty town. That again, I never wanted to live here! I was forced to when my parents died." I stand up and walk over to her. "Toni..." she looks up at me. "I'm joining and your not stopping me." She starts to walk away. "Toni." She turn around. "What?!" I shake my head. "Never mind." Her face softens. "No, really. What?" She walks back over. "Your parents died?" She nods. "Yeah, why else would I have lived with my abusive uncle?" She walks out and goes upstairs and slam the door. I let a tear run down my cheek. "Shit!" I kick a chair. I wipe my tear and go upstairs and knock on the door. "Toni, I'm sorry." She doesn't respond. "Toni!" I knock again. She opens the door. "I'm going to the Wrym to get waisted you will not follow me. I need to be alone." She walks downstairs. It's raining badly and I really don't want her getting sick. "Why?" She stops at the door. "I hate my parents! That's why. I hate that I had to be the one to survive! I have so much guilt." She slides down the door crying. I walk downstairs and hug her. "Toni... what happened?" She lies her head on my shoulder. "We were in town visiting my grandfather because we didn't know how long he was going to be alive for and some ghoulies found out my dad was in town and shot them both in front of me. I was 6. FP found me wondering the streets a few days later and took me in, I keep trying to tell Jughead that we've met before but he doesn't believe me. I was going to live with my grandfather but he died a few days later, so I was stuck with my uncle. He pretended to clean up his act so I would have somewhere to live but drugs and alcohol got the best of him." I rub her shoulder. "I still have nightmares, that's why when Fangs was shot after the musical I had a anxiety attack." I kiss her cheek. "Why didn't you tell me?" I ask. "Because I hate myself for not being able to save them."  She takes a deep breath. "You couldn't do anything." She sits up. "Except I could have!" I cup her cheeks. "Cheryl I watched them die and I was frozen."

TONI POV:

We were walking everything was great, until man walks over and shoots my dad and my mom. He looks at me. "Hey sweetie." He squats downs. "Who are you?" I ask. He smiles. "Just a friend of your dads, he owned me some stuff and that's what he got." He picks me up, takes me into a ally and beats me.

CHERYL POV:

Her breaths become faster. "Toni you need to breathe." She shakes her head. "I feel like I'm about to pass out." I rub her arm. "Take a deep breath." I Stand up. "What are you doing?" I take her hands. "Come on we are going upstairs and taking a relaxing bath."

"Cheryl, I'm sorry for early." She plays with my hands. We were in the bathtub with the lights off and only candles lighting up the room. "I'm still joining the football team." I kiss her neck. I kinda gave up on stopping her from it. "I know." I kiss her hand. "I hate getting into arguments with you." She says softly. I kiss her hand softly. In in love with this girl. "Toni, I'm in love with you." She looks back at me. "I love you Toni." She smiles. "I love you, Cheryl." She kisses me. "I wanted to be the first to say it." She leans back splashing water in my face. "Sorry."  I laugh, I feel like a weight has been lifted off me saying that to Toni. "I'm sorry that all had to happen to you." I play with her hair. I don't know why she hadn't talk to me about it before. "Have you always had a scar on the back of your neck?" She nods. I rub my finger over it. "Yeah I happened when I was ten Sweet Pea and I were acting like idiots I cut my neck on something, I don't really know what. I passed out it hurt so bad." She laughs at the last part. "I'm thinking about covering it up with a tattoo." I kiss the scar. "I think you should get something for your parents." I rap my arms around Toni softly. "I was planning on it. It's not even a bad scar or anything it's just annoying when I have my hair up and someone ask about it because I can't come up with some crazy story." I move my hand to her thigh she quickly stops me. She looks over by the sink. "T." She shakes her head. "I have bad experiences when it comes to sex." Thats when Nana Rose  Calls. I pick up. "Hey everything ok?" I ask, Toni sits up. "Yes dear, I just need you to help me into bed." I get out and grab my robe. "I'll be down in a minute." I hang up. "Everything ok?" I nod. "Yeah she just needs help getting into bed." I go downstairs and go into her room. "Did I interrupt anything dear?" I shake my head. "No we were just relaxing." I pick her up and help her in bed. "She's a keeper."