161: The One Where Cheryl Can Barely Walk

TONI POV:

Cheryl slowly walks over to me. "How's your knee?" I ask quietly. "Better now that I'm not on crutches anymore." I smile. "I still need you to hold my book though." She whispers dumping them into my arms. "Why?" I ask. "Because I don't like carrying them. Also I can barely keep my balance still even with the old lady cane." I smile a little. "Come on." I whisper. We go to the next class Cheryl's next class. "Do you want me to take you to physical therapy after school?" I ask quietly. "Betty was gonna go with me today but I can have her drop me off at your house and we can go from there." She whispers. I smile. "I would like that." I really want to kiss her right now. "Go to class." She whispers. "Yeah! Yeah! Right I forgot about that part of school." I hand Cheryl her books and walk to my class. I sit down next to Veronica. "Any luck with Cheryl?" She ask quietly. "No." I whisper. "She still hasn't told me what happened that night." I say quietly. "Cheryl, Jason and I were in a car accident. I got out of it ok, a few stitches and a broken wrist. Cheryl, was the one driving and the car hit her side and she broke her knee and neck. Her air bag didn't open. I honestly don't know how she's alive." She explains. "What about Jason?" I ask concerned. "He died going to the hospital."

"Do you have your license?" Cheryl ask quietly. "Yeah, but I can't drive with anyone that isn't related to me." I say quietly. She smiles. "Oh! So you just got your license than?" I nod. "Why can't you drive?" I ask quietly. "I don't like driving." She whispers. "Same." She smiles. "What do you want to do?" She ask. "Kiss you." I whisper stepping closer to her. "So kiss me dummy." I smile and pull her into a kiss. She cups my cheek and kisses me back. "I really like you Cheryl." I whisper. "I really like you too." She whispers. "What do you want to do about that?" I ask quietly. "Nothing at the moment. I'm not ready for a relationship. But I don't hate the kissing." I smile a little. "I don't hate the kissing either." I whisper. "Can I kiss you again?" I ask quietly. "Yeah." She nods. "I'm gonna kiss you." She smiles. I pull her into a soft kiss. "Do you want to go upstairs?" I ask quietly. "We can just watch a movie or something." She nods. "I just need some help getting upstairs and up the porch." I nod. "Of course." I whisper. I take her hand and help her upstairs. "You still haven't figured out the whole stairs thing." I say as we walk into my room. I stop her. "What?" She ask confused. "Can you take your shoes off? My room is carpeted and I have a thing about having shoes in my room." She nods and I help her take off her shoes. "So you haven't figured out stairs?" I ask bringing our conversation from earlier back. "Yeah, I've been staying in my Nana's room." She says sitting down my bed. "Where is she?" I ask. "In the same room! We managed to put 2 beds in there for the time. I hate it." I smile a little. "Why?" I ask confused. "Because she's older than god." We both laugh a little. "I love her, but I can't stand sharing a room with her." I sit next to her. "You're mom doesn't seam to have a problem with you having a girl up here." She says. "That's my aunt and she doesn't really care because it's not like I'm gonna get pregnant and I can't get a girl pregnant so she doesn't really worry as long as we don't keep her up and don't make a lot of noise. Not saying we have to have sex! I've never had sex." She smiles. "You live with your aunt?" I nod. "My parents are going through a divorce and it's just easier for me to stay with my aunt for now." I explain. "I don't really want to talk about it." I say quietly. I lie down. "What shit have you been through?" I ask quietly. "Well, I can barely walk because of my own stupidity." I look at her. "I thought someone hit you?" She nods. "Because I was being an idiot." She says quietly. "I just want to do everything differently that night." She tells me. "Veronica already told you, didn't she?" I nod. "Not your side of the story." I say quietly. "I don't really remember a lot of the story. I was in a coma for a week. I can't walk properly and have a huge scar on my neck." I sit up. "I don't see a scar." I whisper. "Do you have a makeup remover?" She ask. I grab one and give it to her. I help her wipe off the makeup. "It's healed enough to cover it with makeup." She says. "You shouldn't cover it." I whisper. She looks at me. I pull up my shirt. "If I felt like getting suspended for wearing reviling clothing everyone would see the different scars I have." I point to one. "I was walking home from school and I got stabbed." I point to a different one on my arm. "My mom accidentally burned me with a her curling iron a few years ago." I say smiling a little. She looks at me. "I was walking by and the way she moved and the way I moved she accidentally burned me." I say quietly. "It's fine! My father is the true asshole." She smiles. "I get it." I look at her confused. "After the accident, my family kinda fell apart, especially since Jason was there favorite." I take a deep breath. "Is this his shirt?" I ask quietly. "Yeah. It's dumb" She smiles. "No, I wear a lot of my sister's stuff, she's not dead or anything she just decided to abandon me and went off the college." I whisper. She smiles a little. "How was physical therapy?" I ask changing the subject. "Fine! I only got pissed once." I smile. "That's better than when you threw one of your crutches at me." I say quietly. "Can I go with you tomorrow?" I ask quietly. "I thought you couldn't drive with someone in the car." I smile. I look at her. "Your mom drove us last time, remember?" She nods.

"I used to be a cheerleader." Cheryl says as I lift her leg and start pushing it back. "Yeah?" I ask quietly. She nods. I'm newer to Riverdale and I honestly don't know much about Cheryl, she doesn't talk about her life much. "I think I remember seeing you at some of the football games." She looks at me. "Where were you at before Riverdale?" She ask quietly. "Baxter High." I say quietly. "Did you like it?" She ask quietly. "Not really. I didn't hate it! I just like Riverdale better." I say smiling a little. "Why?" She ask. I put her leg down. "Because I got to meet you." I say. She looks at me. "Smooth." She whispers. I nod. "You sure you're not ready for some kind of relationship?" I ask quietly. "I haven't really come to terms with my sexuality and a relationship with everything I've been through this past year is just emotionally too much." I nod. "Can we still kiss and stuff?" I ask quietly. "Maybe." She smiles. "Can I kiss you?" I ask. "Yeah." She nods. I pull her into a kiss. "Wow! This is really helping me walk better!" She says sarcastically. "I know right?" I say responding to her sarcasm. "Are you gonna be those people who joke about everything but also have very deep and personal conversations?" She ask. "Do you want us to be?" I ask going back to her leg. "Do you?" She ask me. "If you're cool with it!" I say quietly. She nods. "So we'll joke about everything but be serious when we stay up to late." I joke. "Yeah." She smiles. "How does your knee feel?" I ask quietly. "It kinda hurts." I stop. "It's a good pain." She says. "You sure?" I ask concerned. "Yes! Toni! If I feel like you're gonna seriously hurt me, I will stop you." She explains. "Ok." I nod.

I walk into the house with Cheryl after her therapy. "What do you want to do?" I ask quietly. "My Aunt is out at work, she works late on Wednesdays." I add. "Do you want to go upstairs?" She ask. "Do you?" I ask. She nods. We go upstairs. "Shoes." I whisper. I help her take her shoes off and we go into my room. Cheryl sits on the bed with a long sigh. "Are you tired? I can go make you like pasta we don't have sauce unless you consider butter sauce." I say worried. "I'm good I just want to be here with you." I nod. "Also butter isn't really a sauce you've just been exposed to a bunch of white people." I smile sitting next to her. "We can lie down." I say quietly. She nods. We both lie down. One thing lead to another and we ended up having sex which was weird. "Have you ever been with anyone?" She ask quietly. "Sexually or emotionally?" I ask confused. "Both." She whispers. "Not really. I haven't had sex before. I did date this one guy but it was for like 10 seconds and than I realized I didn't like guys." She smiles a little. "You?" I ask quietly. "I made out with Moose at a party once and we both ended up being gay..." Cheryl trails off. "So there's that." I smile a little. "No one else?" I ask. "No a few on and off relationships with a few girls but nothing serious. A few make out sessions with half the cheerleading squad at a party after a football game! With them saying they aren't gay." She explains.