59: The One With More Than One Suprises

TONI POV:

"Topaz!" Someone yells from behind me. I turn around and Cheryl is standing there. "Cheryl!" I smile and pulls her into a hug. "What-what are you doing here?" I ask excited. "Veronica can't keep her mouth shut and told me you were coming home a day early. I thought I would surprise you." I pull her into a kiss. "Also, I don't know if you noticed but..." she motions down her her stomach. "It worked." I smile. "It's a boy." I start crying and kiss her again. "When- when is her due?" I ask excitedly. "You came back just in-time, any day now." 

"I'm sorry I wasn't here for most of your pregnancy." I whisper in her ear. "Oh the struggles of being a scientist." She laughs and pulls me into a kiss. "Speaking of your trip to Alaska. How was it?" She ask quietly. "Cold." I joke. "No, in all seriousness. It was fine, we just studied the earthquakes there and how it was effecting everything, literally the most boring experience of my life. Besides college, middle school, high school and elementary school but that's just because I'm a child genius!" I whisper. She cups my cheeks. "I love you sweetheart." I whisper ad I pull her into a kiss. I deepen the kiss before she stops me. "What- What's wrong?" I ask quietly. "My water just broke." She whispers and panic sets in. "Oh shit!"

"What are we gonna to name him?" I ask quietly. "Wait! Why did I ask you that! Of course you're going to name him Jason!" I smile looking down at our son. "He's amazing!" I whisper as I reach my finger for him to grab. "I guess I came home at the perfect time." I whisper. "Yeah. How did Veronica not tell me about this but told you that I was coming home earlier than I said I would?" I think out loud. "Because she doesn't see you everyday. Have you talked to anyone about you being home besides Veronica." I shake my head. "Go see them." She whispers. I shake my head. "No, I need to stay with you and the baby." Cheryl cups my cheeks. "Go, just be back ASAP." She smiles. "I want to be here, everyday that I was gone I couldn't stop thinking about you and how much I just wanted to hold you and be with you." I whisper pulling her closer. "Fine, what's next?" She ask quietly. "Who cares? We have a kids we'll take this one day at a time. (should have been given another season) Cheryl, this is the greatest moment of my life." I hold back tears.

"The baby is awake!" Cheryl rolls over. "I'll get him." I whisper and I get up slowly. I walk over to Jason and pick him up. "Hey buddy." I whisper. I rub his back as he slowly stops crying. He rubs his eyes. I smell his diaper and nothing! "Milk? Milk is good!" I whisper. "I put some in the fridge." Cheryl says from the bed. "Speaking of breast milk, I should go pump." She gets up and goes downstairs with us. I grab a bottle and heat it up for a few seconds. "Here you go." I feed him and rock him slowly back to sleep. "Cheryl, you ok?" I ask quietly. "Perfect." She puts milk in the fridge. "Are you ok?" She ask quietly. "Never been better." I smile. She laughs a little. "You're a scientist! This is what makes you happy?" I nod. "You're my family. Nothing can replace that." I smile. "I love you baby." I whisper. "I love you too." Cheryl whispers. "I was talking to the baby but, I guess you too." I joke. We walk back upstairs, I wrap Jason up in his blanket but quickly realized I did it wrong and I unwrap him. His arms immediately go up and it's fucking adorable!
"Cheryl come here!" I yell from the bedroom, she's in the bathroom. "Ready?" I wrap him up in his blanket. Cheryl runs in. "Everything ok?" She ask in a panic. "Yeah, watch this." She sits next to me. "Ready?" I unwrap him from his bundle and his arms immediately go up. He giggles to him self. "This is my life now." Cheryl whispers to herself. "Again. You're a scientist and this is what makes you happy!" I laugh. "I have high expectations for what makes my happy Cheryl!" I pick Jason up. "This little one is at the top of my list with you right under him." Cheryl looks at me pretending to be offended. "Rude!" She smiles and kisses me. "I love you, both." Jason grabs my finger and sucks on it. "Bwaa babwa wa!" I look down at our son and smile. He give us a cheeky grin. "It's weird, thanks to SweetPea he has black hair and is probably going to be really tall." Cheryl whispers. I turn to her. "SweetPea is the sperm donor?!" She nods. "Yeah, it's weird I know, I just didn't want this kid coming out in a beanie and I don't want our kid to be like Archie because I want to throw a chair at him." She smiles. "What about Fangs?" I ask quietly. "He's out of town right now." She says awkwardly. "What? Where?" I ask quietly. "He joined the army." I take a deep breath. "He didn't tell you?" I shake my head. "No, honestly you and Veronica were the only people I could stay in contact with." I tell her. "Oh, of course." I pick Jason up and we go lie on the bed. I hold lie him on my chest while he falls back to sleep. "This is the greatest time of my life." I whisper.