147: The One With The Lifeguarding

TONI POV:

I drive the sand buggy along the beach. "There's a young girl 7 or 8 on the south side she looks like she's about to go under, Topaz you're the closest to her. She's really closed to the rocks so work fast." Cheryl says on the Walkie-talkie. "Yup, got eyes on her." I say driving as close as I can and jump out, I strip down to my bathing suit, I grab the surf bored and jump in. I get to the girl and quickly pick the small girl, she's pretty much unconscious. "Shit!" I quickly get her to shore. I grab the walkie. "I need back up, she's unconscious." I say immediately start doing compression on her chest. Cheryl comes running over. We do the correct protocol and she quickly caught up the water. "Hey, you're ok!" I whisper to the small girl. "Do you know where you're parents are?" I ask her calmly. She shakes her head. "Ok. Have you hit your head or anything?"
Cheryl ask quietly. "No." I nod. "Ok, well, I'm gonna bring you to the tower and we'll find your mom and explain what happened. Ok?" She nods. "We have a worried mom looking for her kid, she last saw her near the water." We hear over to walkie. "We'll be there is a minute." I say. "I'm gonna pick you up and we're gonna take a fun ride on the sand buggy." I tell the girl. She nods. I pick her up carefully and we all go to the sand buggy. I drive off and we go to the tower. I pick her up and bring her in. "Jess!" The mom hugs her. "We have to call an ambulance because she started to drown and you need to keep a better eye on your kid." I explain. The woman nods. "She was with her dad. I haven't seen him either." I nod. "Ok." Cheryl makes a call out for her husband.

A woman comes over to me pretty calm. "I can't find my son." She says quietly. "How old is he?" I ask quietly. "He's about 9, his name is Kyle, he has red hair and super pale, he's wearing a Star Wars t-shirt and blue shorts, he's about 3 feet tall and has blue eyes." I nod. "Can you tell me where you last saw him?" I ask concerned. "He was walking to the bathroom, I already checked both, I think he got lost on the way." She explains to me. "Is there anything else I should no before I make a call out to go look for him?" I ask trying to stay calm myself. "He has a blue hearing aid and is autistic." I nod. "Hop in. We'll go find him. Is there any chance he's in the water?" I ask quietly. She shakes her head. "No, he refuses to go anywhere near the water." I nod and we get in the buggy. I start driving off. "I have a mom looking for her 9 year old son, he's red hair and is pale, he's wearing a Star War T-shirt and wears hearing aids, his name is Kyle and was last seen going to the bathroom." I say into the walkie. "He's also autistic so please approach him with caution, he's probably panicking and will be on edge." I add. We drive around and try to find him. "Everything is gonna be ok!" I tell her noticing she's starting to panic a bit. "Topaz we have a boy here at the tower that matches the description, he's freaking out, we can't get any information from him." Cheryl tells me. "Ok, we're heading back." I say back to her. "Hang on." I quickly take a u turn and we head to the lifeguard tower. The mom and her son get reunited. "Next time go with him to the bathroom." I explain. "Thank you so much!" She hugs me. Which is not a first. They leave and I look at Cheryl. "Parents are weird." I whisper. "You calling us weird?" She ask sarcastically. "She's my little sister, we aren't really parents yet." I smile. She kisses me. "My shift is over, I'll see you at home." She smiles. My walkie goes off. "There's a man at skate park with a dislocated knee and shoulder." I sigh. "I'll be there in a minute." I say grabbing the medical gear. "This is why we have security." I say running out. I go the buggy and drive to the skate park. I grab the bag and go over to them. I notice it's Archie, again! This isn't the first time he's been here in. "Let's get you in the buggy." I help him in the back. "Hold on. We'll call the Ambulance up there." I say driving off. "You get to see your girlfriend!" I say trying to cheer him up. "There's a bump." I say before going over to. He groans. "Is Veronica is there?" I ask Reggie. "Yeah." He opens the door. "V! You're idiot of a boyfriend managed to dislocate his entire body!" He yells. "I think I can get my shoulder back in." Archie says quietly. "Yeah, but if you do it wrong than you have to go. Also your knee is dislocated. What did you do?" I ask. "I had fallen off my skateboard and got my shoulder, than some went straight into my knee." He explains. "Ok." The ambulance comes and brings him to the hospital. "Should I go with him?" Veronica ask quietly. "Cheryl just left. So not yet."