167: The One With The Past

Tw: rape

TONI POV:

I walk out to the bar of the Speakeasy and see Cheryl. "Hey babe. Do you want a drink?"
I ask quietly. She smiles. "Yeah." She nods. "Usual?" I ask. She nods. I literally just pour her some wine and hand it to her. "I have to get some boxes." I say quietly. I go back and grab some boxes. I walk out of the back, unpack some of the bottles and look over to see Cheryl talking to this guy. I walk over to Veronica. "Who's that guy Cheryl is talking to?" I ask her. She looks Cheryl, who looks terrified. "Holy shit." I look at her confused. "W-what?" I ask confused. "She hasn't told you?" I shake my head. "Let me go get her, I think you should ask Cheryl, she might not want to tell you but it's not my story." She goes and stops that guy from talking to Cheryl. Reggie kicks him out.

I walk into the bedroom. "Who was that guy?" I ask taking off my jacket. Cheryl doesn't say anything. "Cheryl, I don't want to make you uncomfortable but I don't want to lying in this relationship." I whisper. "I can't lie to you if I don't give you any information." She says pissed. "Just tell me." I whisper. "Nick St Clair. Asshole of an ex boyfriend. Kinda the reason why really hate men." I take a deep breath. "That it?" I ask. "He raped me." She adds. My heart drops. "Oh shit." I whisper. "Is that why we haven't..?" She nods. "I'm not trying to sound like an asshole or anything and I kinda get it but I really would have liked to know." I say quietly. "I was gonna tell you, I just wasn't ready." I nod. "I'm sorry for making you say something when you weren't ready." I say quietly. "It's probably best, because I probably wasn't gonna say anything, even though I really wanted too." She says quietly. "If you never want to have sex or anything, I get it." I say. "I will, just not yet." She whispers. "Are you gonna press charges?" I ask quietly. "I already did. I'm not really allowed to talk about it." She whispers. "Can he even approach you?" I ask concerned. "N-no, I was gonna talk to my lawyer tomorrow morning after you went to work." I nod. "I can go with-." She stop me. "Toni I need to do this alone." She whispers. "You sure?" I ask quietly. "Yeah." She nods. I nod. "Ok, but if you ever need me. I'm there. Unless I'm being kidnapped or something." I say trying to make her laugh a little. She smiles a little. "I'll keep you to that." I walk over to her. "Hey, I love you." I whisper. "I love you too." I pull her into a kiss. "I want honestly in our relationship, and I know talking about stuff that makes us uncomfortable and brings back memories is hard but it needs to be done." I whisper. "Do you have anything you haven't mentioned?" She ask quietly. "It's not as bad as what you've been through but I honestly promised myself I was gonna bring this to my grave. After Jughead became a serpent, I did his tattoo and we had sex and he was my first and yes I regret it." I confess. "Was he really your first?" She ask. "Are you slut shamming me?" I ask. "No! It's just both Fangs and Sweet Pea have told me otherwise." She says. "I just told them all that to get them to shut up." I explain. "I don't believe you." She says pulling me closer. "Did they say they never met the guys?" I ask. She nods. "Did they that I said they went to a different school?" I ask quietly. "Yea- oh." I nod. "Also I really like girls." I whisper. She smiles a little. "What else you I not know about you?" She ask quietly. "Oh, my brother is in the Navy. I don't know why that's important but still." I say quietly. "How haven't I met him?" I look at her confused. "I mean because usually people come home for a little while for holidays and stuff." I nod. "We've been dating for a year now, and honestly up until a few months ago we really weren't serious about our relationship. So, usually when you were off on trips with Nana Rose my brother would be home. It wasn't on purpose! It just happened that way." I explain. "You can meet him soon though, he's almost done with everything. I don't really know how it works."

I walk into the kitchen after Cheryl gets home from her meeting with her lawyer. "You ok?" I ask quietly. She shakes her head. "Do you want to talk about it?" She walks over to me and immediately starts crying. "Come here." I whisper pulling her into a hug. After a few minutes Cheryl stops crying. "Don't you have to go to work?" She ask quietly. I wipe her tears. "I had a feeling you were gonna do this." I whisper. "I didn't want you to be alone when you got home." I explain. "Bubble Bath?" I ask quietly. She nods. We go up to the bathroom and I draw her a bath. I grab a make up remover wipe and clean off her her face. "If you're gonna cry a lot you should wear less eyeliner and mascara." I say quietly. "Also I like you better without makeup and I don't mean that in a controlling way. I can't stop you from wearing makeup, I just think you're pretty no matter what." She smiles at me accidentally digging myself into a hole. She pulls me into a kiss. "You need to know when to shut up." I nod. "I think the bath is ready." She gets undressed and gets into the bath. "I hate him." She whispers after a few minutes of silence. "I know." I whisper. "I just feel like lying in bed and never getting up." She says. I nod. "Do you want to go back to therapy? I don't know if that was the reason why you were going in the first place but you haven't been there in a while." I say quietly. "I don't know yet." She says quietly. "I just need a few days to process." She whispers. "I thought I had moved on and I would be fine but the second he comes back into my life for just a minute... I regress." She vents. I look up and Cheryl looks at me. "I'm just letting you vent. Say what you need to say." I whisper. I kiss her cheek. "What did the lawyer say?" I ask. "That he's already on his way back to jail." I nod. "Than why were you crying? Because it wasn't happy tears." I ask confused. "Because he's rich and isn't a fucking sociopath and will probably get out on good behavior in about 5 years instead of the 15 he should be spending in jail." She says. "How did he not go to jail the first time?" She takes a deep breath. "We took a deal, if he never contacted me again, he went to sex addicts anonymous plus like 2 years parole he wouldn't go to jail unless he broke one of those things. I didn't really have a problem with it because I knew this was gonna happen because he's also stupid! I just thought it would be sooner." She explains. She looks at me. "I'm sorry you have to deal with my bullshit." She whispers. I look at her. "It spices up our relationship." I say. "Oh my god!" She laughs a little. "Remember when Veronica thought I was cheating on you?" She ask quietly. "Yeah." I smile. "We just had a stupid fight and I stayed with her for the night."