29: The One With The Haircuts

CHERYL POV:

"Cheryl!?" I stand up. This can't be real. "Toni?" She squints, covering her eyes with hand. "We came to rescue you?" I walk over to her and hug her. She pulls away slowly and kisses me. Fireworks go off in my mind. I never knew this was what it feels like to kiss someone. "Cheryl, Cheryl wake up we are going to be late for dropping off Jason off at school!"

I open my eyes. "What?" I sit up and grab my phone. "Babe it's Saturday." I look at Toni as she falls over trying to throw on pants. I cover my face trying to laugh. She stands up slowly. "You are such a dork." I laugh. She lies back in bed. "What were you dreaming about?" Toni ask quietly. "You were tossing and turning none stop. I didn't want to wake you because of last time."

"Cheryl Blossom! How dare you do that to your girlfriend of all people!" Veronica comes storming over to me with a horrified Toni behind her. "What are you talking about?" I ask very confused. "You punch your girlfriend." Oh. I roll my eyes and look at Toni. "Maybe if you let me finish You would understand." Toni says catching up to me and Veronica. Veronica looks back at Toni. "I woke her up because she had a night mare and she punched me startled." Toni say out of breath. "Oh. Still!" Veronica laughs. "I'm going to class." I close my locker and go to class.

I laugh thinking about the memory oh so many years ago. "What are you thinking about babe?" She ask. "Veronica getting mad at me for you waking me up." We both laugh. Jason comes running in and jumps on top of me. I kiss the top of his head. "Cher." I look over at Toni and see her with a box with a ring in. "Will you marry me?" She ask with a smile. "Can you stop asking me stupid questions?" She looks down. "Taking that as a 'no'." Toni says sarcastically. I nod. "No! You need to get married!" I look at Jason who is almost in tears. "Dude! We are joking of course I am going to marry your mom." Toni puts the ring on my finger. I rub Jason's back and move hair out of his face. "You need a hair cut." He starts panicking. "No!" He yells and lies his head in the crook of my neck. "Yes you do." He shakes his head. I look at Toni and she just shakes her head. Jason gets up and runs out. "I'll hold him down while you cut?" Toni ask sitting up. "Yup." We both get out of bed and run after him. Toni picks him up as I get the clippers and scissors. I walk downstairs and Jason is fighting Toni practically. "Do you want to eat first?" I ask. Jason stops and nods. I make him some breakfast and give it to him. He scarfs down his food and tries to run out but Toni picks him. "You're not going anywhere." Toni places him on a chair. "Can you calm down for us?" Toni tries calming him down. I get the clippers and try to cut his hair. "Jason, calm down." I try to reason with him. "No!" He yells. I stop quickly. "Jason! Please!" I'm starting to get frustrated. "No!" He gets out of Toni's reach and runs away. Toni chases after him. Oh my god this is insane. He hates getting his hair cut for some reason. Toni comes back holding Jason. He has rapped his arms and legs around Toni and lies his head on her shoulder. "Can you please let me finish?" I ask calmly. "No!" He screams in Toni's ear. "Jason, please?" I ask quietly. He shakes his head. "Fine you're walking around with half your hair cut and you will be explaining it." He runs off. "Toni, what are we going to do?" I ask panicking. "We should talk to someone about this." She calms me down. "I'm just worried that something is wrong with him." She rubs my shoulder. "Cheryl, nothing is wrong with him, he's just different." She says quietly. "Yes, we should talk to someone. No, we should not worry. Not right now." I nod. "I have work. I'll call you later." She kisses me and walks out. "Jason." He runs downstairs. "Can I cut your hair?" He nods. "I guess." He sits down. "Try to be calm." I cut the rest of his hair with a lot of fighting. "See, not that bad." I wipe the hair off his face and shoulder. "Yes it was!" I rub his hair. "Do you want to take a shower?" I ask. He nods. I pick him up and bring him to the shower. I help him shower. "Better?" I dry him off. "Yeah." He gets his shirt on. "Why do you always freak out?" I ask. He just shrugs and runs off, I lie my head against the wall. God I hate parenting.

TONI POV:

We sit down at the table. "I just want the best for him." Cheryl says quietly. "I know." I hand her my phone and a paper with the number on it. She dials the number. "Hey, I'm Cheryl Blossom. We have a son who we think has some issues and we think we need some testing." Cheryl say quietly. There's a pause. "Yeah, we'll call back. Thank you." She hangs up and starts crying. "Hey. He's going to be ok. Not matter what happens, he'll be ok." I take her hands. "I know, I just want the best for him."

"We did some test... he's perfectly. He just has some issues with the texture. Which if they don't get better my time he's 7 or 8 come back and I'll see what I can do." Oh thank god. I take a take Cheryls hand. "He's going to be ok." I reassure her. She nods. "Thank you. We'll call if anything happens." I look up at Cheryl. I hang up with phone and Cheryl breaks into tears. I get up sit on her side of the table. "Cher..." I rub her back. She lies her head into my shoulder. I could tell this was more than Jason. "What's wrong?" She gets up and walks out. "Cheryl! We're not done talking about this." Before I can come back she walks back in with a pregnancy test. "What's this?" I ask kinda pissed off. She doesn't look at me. "It's not what it looks like." I walk away. "Toni!" I turn around. "Than what is it?" She bites her lip trying not to cry. "You cheated. I'm done." I start to walk upstairs. "I didn't want to!" Oh. I turn around. "Cheryl, why didn't you tell me?" I walk back downstairs. "Because I was scared." I sit down in front of her. "Why? I'm not going to get mad. It wasn't your fault." I rub her arm. "Really than why did you just lose your shit five minutes ago?" She ask frustrated. "Maybe if you didn't throw a pregnancy test in front of me." She looks down. "Your right." She whispers. "Mommy I can't sleep." I look up and Jason. "Go back to bed I'll be there in a minute." He nods and walks away. "I don't know what to do." She whispers and starts panicking. "We can barely take care of Jason." She starts crying. "Cheryl calm down." I cup her cheeks. "I'll be back in a minute, get some water." She nods and goes into the kitchen. I go up to Jason's room. "Bud." I knock on the door. Peek in and walk in. He wipes his tears. "What's wrong?" I ask sitting on his bed. "You can barely take care of me?" He ask. I take a deep breath. "No, that's not what she meant." I rub his back. No one said this was going to he easy. "Than what did she mean?" He ask just above a whisper. "Neither of us realized how hard it was going to be, to be a parent. It's not your fault that we don't know what to do when you get frustrated." I tell him truthfully. "So it is." He looks up. "No, it's not trust me. You are doing fine, me and mom are still figuring out what to do. Trust me you're not the problem." He smiles and wipes his tears. "Ok? I love you buddy."