32: The One Where Cheryl Can't Say The L Word

TONI POV:

"What's up?" Veronica ask as I sitting down at the bar of her Speakeasy. "I said, that I loved Cheryl and she didn't respond. She just walked away." I say quietly. "She's never had anyone say that to her. Trust me, she barely knows what to do when someone gives her attention that's positive." Veronica reminds me. "You're right." I admit.

"Toni." Cheryl stops me. "What?" I ask frustrated. "I'm sorry about the other day." I look down. "I love you Cheryl, I should have waited." I say, I start to walk away. "Toni. Toni!" She runs after me. "I'm sorry. Not right now." I shake my head and continue to walk away frustrated. "I love you, Toni." I turn around. "What?" I ask. "I love you." I look down. "But, I need a break." I walk away way to confused to pretend like I understood what just happened.

I wake up to a pounding at my door. I throw on a shirt and go to the door. I take a deep breath, I open it to see a broken Cheryl. Something I've seen to many times. "Cheryl... what- what are you doing here?" I ask not wanting to know the answer. "I applied to a college had the interview as you know, I got turned down for my sexuality." She rubs her hands together nervously. "Cheryl." I let her in. "Can only assume the reason why." She says turning around. "I didn't-." She stops me. "Oh, no. I'm talking about my mother." She kicks her feet. "Why would you think it was you?" She ask. "Because we are currently in a fight." I admit. "Did you?" I shake my head. "No! I don't feel like ruining your future. This town sucks you deserve to get out of here." I tell the truth. She pulls me into a kiss. Quickly, our clothes get thrown off. We get into my room, lie on the bed. We get interrupted my a phone call. "Are you fucking serous?" Cheryl gets the phone. "It's my brother." She picks up. "What!?" She listens. "We'll be there." She hangs up. "We have to go." We grab our clothes and run out. "Wait where are we going?" I ask as we get on my bike. "Fox forest." She raps her arms around me and I drive off. We get to Fox forest and Jason is standing by his car. We get off the bike. "Hey." Jason throws his jacket on his car. "You're gone for months and all you say is 'hey'?" Cheryl walks up to him. "I'm sorry." Cheryl slaps him. The only reason I'm not stopping her is because Jason deserves it. She reaches down and throw leaves at him and pushes him. Ok maybe it's time to stop her. I run over and grab her waist. "Stop." I whisper. She calms down and I let go of her. I go back to my bike. "Why did you fall of the face of the earth?" She ask. I can't see her face but I can tell she's on the brink of tears. I feel bad for her. "Because of our mother, Cheryl!" Jason starts to get mad. "So you left me alone in this shitty world with her?" I should probably leave them. "I should go, call me when you need me." I say quietly. "Stay!" They both yell. I stop in my tracks. "Cheryl, I'm sorry." She looks away and scoffs. "I hate you." She says calmly. "I do to." Cheryl looks at Jason. "Come on TT we're going home." We get on the bike and drive off. We go to my trailer. "So you gave your brother a piece of your mind. "He stopped us from our make up moment." I smile sadly. She pulls me into a kiss. "My room needs some company." I smile and pick her up.