83: The One Where They Talk

TONI POV:

I walk into the house. "Cher! I'm home!" I yell. Nothing. "Cher?" I walk into the kitchen, the living room, our room, I even check Nana Roses room but she's sleeping. I walk down the hall to Jason's old room and she's sitting in there. She's not crying, she's not holding a shirt or anything, just sitting there processing. I lean against the door knowing she needs distance. Since everything with her parents, she's not the best with affection, we got into a fight because I tried to comfort her and she thought I was just trying to get into her pants. So I just keep at distance where she won't think I'm ignoring her but also enough to tell her I'm there for her. I decide it's time to break the silence. "Cher." I whisper. She jumps a little. "Sorry I was just-." I stop her before she walks out. "It's ok." I tell her. She nods and walks out. I take a deep breath. "How was work?" She ask before walking downstairs. "Fine." I say following her. "Really? What did you do?" I shrug. "The usual run around like a lunatic meeting the craziness that is Mrs. Cooper's demands. Did you know we had more restaurants than Pops?" I ask. She looks back. "Yeah! We ordered pizza once! Random fact." She smiles. I know that smiles is forced. "Cheryl can we talk?" I ask quietly. She looks down. "Can we later? Over dinner." I shake my head. "No, we should talk right now actually." I tell her sitting down. "Are you breaking up with me?" I shake my head. "Sit." She sits down. "Are you ok?" I ask concerned. "Yeah! I'm fine! why?" She laughs nervously. "Cheryl honestly." She looks down and shakes her head. "No." I take her hands. "Do you want to talk about therapy?" I ask quietly. She shakes her head. "I don't know if I'm ready for that." We talk for hours. We both talked about our issues. "Cheryl no one should have to be in this much pain." I step closer to her.

"Cheryl, I don't have any parents. My mom died before I could remember her, I haven't seen my dad in 12 years." I tell her. "You're lucky you still have your mom. I know you hate her more than anything, but try to make things right with her." I whisper to her. Some how we've ended up in the bathroom.