40: The One With The Birth

CHERYL POV:

"It's a girl." I hold my baby for the first time and start crying. Everything else is a blur for the next hour. Toni and I are now lying on the bed holding our girl. "What are we going to name her?" Toni ask quietly. "I don't know." She looks at her watch. "I have to pick Jason up, do you want me to bring him?" She ask kissing my cheek. "Yeah." I say quietly looking down at the small baby in my hands. She kisses my cheek and the babies cheek. She gets up. "I want you to think of a name." She grabs her bag and walks out.

"Hey bud." Jason walks in and see the baby. He doesn't really know how to react. Toni walks in quietly behind him. Jason plays with his hand nervously. "It's ok." I whisper. He slowly walks over to us. He shakes his head and walks back over to Toni. "Hey, it's ok." Toni reassures him. "No." He lies his head on Toni. "Jay, it ok. You don't have to hold her or anything." Toni says quietly to reassure him. "Toni, if he doesn't want to he doesn't have to if he doesn't want to." I say quietly. She nods. "Ok. Do you want to go on a walk?" He nod and they both walk out.

TONI POV:

Jason know how to react when we told him Cheryl was pregnant. We go outside and walk around slowly. He holds his ears. He doesn't really react well to anything. That's what happens when your son is on the spectrum. "Hey." I stop him. "What's wrong?" I ask quietly. He squats down on the ground. "Jason?" He grabs my arm softly. "What's wrong?" I ask again. He shakes his head. I move his hair out of his face. "Do you just want to stay here for a minute?" He nods. "Ok." I sit on the bench. "Do you want to sit down?" He shakes his head. "Ok, can you at least get out of the way?" He gets up and swats next to me. I don't know why he does this. "Mom had a baby." He says quietly. "Yes." I rub his hair. "What's her name?" He ask leaning into me. "We don't know yet." I say quietly. "Back inside." He stands up and starts walking back, I quickly run after him. We go inside and go to Cheryl's room. "Hey." Jason sits down on the couch and pulls out his computer. I lie down next to Cheryl. "Do you have a name?" The nurse walks in. Cheryl and I look at each other. I shrug. "Antoinette." What? "What?" I ask. "You're the bravest person I know." She says quietly with a shrug. "Cheryl... I don't know what to say." I say in shock. "Don't say anything."

"Why did you want to name her after me?" I hold the small baby and lie next to Cheryl. "Because you saved my life." I look over at Jason who's sound asleep. I look back at Cheryl. "Do you hear yourself? You saved my life." She kisses me slowly. "We're not having this debate. We already named her." We kiss a few more times until we get interrupted by Jason. He pretty much lies on top of me not enough to squash the baby. "What do you need bud?" I ask quietly. "I'm hungry." He gets up and walks to the door. I hand our daughter over to Cheryl and get up. "We'll be back." We walk to the cafeteria. "What do you want?" I don't know if it's good or bad that this is buffet. "Jason?" I tap his shoulder and he looks at me. "What do you want?" He grabs the chicken fingers and fries. "Ok, do you want anything else?" I ask quietly. He shakes his head and walks over to the register. I pay for the food and we sit down so he can eat. "Slow down bud." I stop him and hand him water. "Drink some water." He finishes eating and we go back to the room.