65: The One Where Toni Forgets Everything

TONI POV:

I wake up in the hospital really confused. I sit up and there is a woman with red hair is sitting next to me. "Toni." She sits up and looks at me. "What happened" I ask quietly. "You were in a accident." She whispers. "When?" I ask quietly. "Six years ago. You're still looking at me like I'm insane." I take a deep breath. "Are you a doctor?" I ask quietly. "Yes but not your doctor I'm your wife." She whispers. I look down. "I'm sorry, I have no memory of you." I confess. "When did we meet?" I ask quietly. "In college. We were shared a dorm room. We fell in love slowly because I wasn't ready to come out." She tells me sitting on the bed and looking me in the eyes. "How long have we been married?" I ask quietly. "9 years." She whispers. "How long have we been together?" I ask her. "14 years." She tells me. I look down. "What's the last thing you remember?" She ask quietly. I think for a second. "Graduating high school. With my friends." I whisper. "Am I still friends with SweetPea and Fangs?" I ask nervously. "Yeah, Fangs was here yesterday and Sweet Pea is doing something. I think it has to do with his job." She whispers. "What kind of accident was it?" I ask quietly. She takes a deep breath. I look down and see her name tag from singing in. "Cheryl?" She looks at me. "What?" She ask confused. "It's on your name tag thing." I point to it. "But what happened?" I ask again. "You were in the army and your base blew up." She looks down. "You were the only one who survived." She tells me. My heart drops. I don't even remember this. "Was my memory the only thing that was damaged?" She shakes her head. "You obviously broke a few things. I'm surprised you didn't notice your leg." She moves the blanket and my left leg from the knee down is gone. "Oh..." I take a deep breath. "I'm sorry TT." I look up. "Sorry you're not used to me calling you that." She shakes her head. "No! It's ok. I like it. I know I have no memory but I do feel like I've known you for a while. Your voice..." She finishes my sentence. "They told us your memory would be damaged so I would talk to you about things we did all the time just hoping you woke up." She moves into kiss me, but before she can I pull away. "Sorry." I look down. "Not yet." She nods. "Ok." She smiles. I sit back. "So, what else is there to know?" I ask quietly. "Well before you joined the army, we were talking about children." She smiles. "I already had a son from high school, his name is Jason. You guys were pretty close. He's 12 now. But we decided that we wanted to wait till Jason was older. We have a dog, her name is Monica because you and I are obsessed with friends." I laugh. "It's kinda my childhood." I tell her. She smiles. "I know." She whispers. "Right you know me better than I know myself right now." I say sadly.

Cheryl has been showing me photos and videos and telling me everything about us for weeks now, and nothing. Cheryl and I have gotten closer, Well I've gotten more comfortable with her. It's nice because I don't jump when she touches me anymore. "I'm heading out, Jason will be home soon. You need anything?" Cheryl ask. I turn around in my wheelchair. "The road trip we took freshman year, was that the first time I told you that I loved you?" I ask quietly. She looks at me in shock. "Yeah. You remember that?" I shrug. "Not really, it's more like a picture. Or maybe from you telling me. I don't know." She smiles sadly. "It's better than before. Do you need me go help you into bed before I leave?" I shake my head. "No, I'm getting tired of this room. I'm gonna wonder."
She nods and kisses me on the cheek. "I know you don't feel the same right now, but I love you." She whispers and walks out.

We walk into a small motel room after a long day of fun and traveling. "Today was great." Cheryl stands closer to me. "I love you." I confess. She smiles and takes my hands. "I love you." She whispers.

I take a deep breath. Things are coming back

I'm making this a book