69: The One At Prom

TONI POV:

"Mom!" I yell slightly frustrated. "Honey, you need to look nice it's prom!" She insist while fixing my tie. "Yes but I wanted Cheryl to fix my tie not you!" She sighs. "Ok. But it's bothering me." Mom brushes my shoulders. "Be responsible tonight! They're letting you leave the hospital for 48 hours. Be home at 10, don't drink, don't get i to a fight and if you start to get worked up take a break." I nod. "Ok?!" She ask loudly. "Yeah!" I take a deep breath. I turn around. "Mom. I'll be fine." She hugs me. "Go get her." She smiles. "I'll see you later." She kisses my cheek. "She still doesn't know you're coming right?" I nod. "Only Veronica knows." I smile.

I knock on Cheryl's door. "Cheryl get it! I need to work on my makeup!" I hear Veronica yell. Cheryl opens the door. "Surprise!" I smile. She pulls me into a hug. "I'm so happy to see you." She pulls away and kisses me. I smile and deepen into the kiss. "Eww!" Cheryl pulls away and we both look at Veronica. "Hey V." I walk over and hug her. "Thank you for making this possible." I whisper to her. "Anything for my girl." She smiles. "We should get going."

I pull Cheryl closer as we sway to the music. "So you told V that you were home for a few days but not me." She whispers against my chest. "I wanted to surprise you. Because I love you and I haven't been here for you." I whisper to her. "What happened that night?" She ask just above a whisper. "Somehow I'm not in jail. I completely lost my mind in that moment. I regret it more than anything and it was the lowest point of my life." I tell her. "You scared me, Toni." She cups my cheeks. "I scared myself." I confess. "How's it going there?" She ask quietly. "Fine. It could be better, it could be worse. It's actually really peaceful but I miss you. And I'm sorry I couldn't talk to you. I'm aloud one call every two days, I used them to plan with Veronica and I was afraid I was going to spoil it." I laugh quietly. "Can I ask you if you were on anything?" I nod. "Fizzle Rocks." I confess. She looks at me sadly. I feel bad because I made her life worse and I made my own life worse. "I'm clean. Trust me they do random drug test on me." I reassure her. "Just be happy you're here." She kisses me. God! I've missed these lips.