the medic.

"What is it?" Taehyung looked up from his desk, a stone-like poker face etched onto his symmetrical features

"What is it?" Taehyung looked up from his desk, a stone-like poker face etched onto his symmetrical features. Sleeves rolled to tease a few loose tattoos along the radial side of his arm, he twirled a pen in his hand.

"It's Minji. The medic." Jimin confirmed. "She kind of...died."

"Huh? How?"

"That gun fight down in Suwon. We had called down for her, but she got shot."

"And no one bothered to try to do something about it?"

"I mean she got shot multiple times. She was dead before we could even do anything."

Taehyung frowned, leaning back in his chair.

"So, there's no one to fill her spot?"

"Nope." The orange haired man, tousled his hair, affirming with a shake of his head.

He let out a slow exhale. "That might be a problem."

"Yeah, no kidding. Should we have Dahyun take over? She knows some first aid, a little more than most of us."

"Uh, for now—yes. But I think we might have to find another solution. For long term."

Jimin nodded, nonchalantly sticking his hands in his pockets, before leaving.

Taehyung was a brilliant young man, smart cunning eyes to match his quiet, composed self on the outside. A lot of what he thought he kept to himself majority of the time, often known as the quietly ruthless Korean Trujillo in the hoodlum world.

In the bad side of South Korea, one involved in crime and street fights, death and murder with purpose for the sole reason of money and secret arrangements, he was a classically known name.

In this business, money was earned well.

And he had no sympathy for anyone.

"Hey baby," Dahyun's familiar vanilla-like voice floated throughout the room. Taehyung, still thinking, glanced out the large window to his left.

"You're thinking." She hummed, resting her hands on either sides of his shoulders. Used to her skinship, he nodded lightly, before turning back to his work.

"The medic was shot."

"Oh? I hope she's alright." She sounded concerned, taking her seat onto one of his outstretched knees. She fondled with a few soft locks of his light brown hair.

Kim Dahyun wasn't a technical girlfriend to Taehyung, nor would she ever be in his eyes, but he wanted something without the strings attached. He wasn't the type to settle down so easily, in his world there were too many risks.

"She's dead," He sighed again, twirling the pen again in a repeated fashion. "and Jimin and I were thinking you take over for a little bit while I try and situate a new person into the job."

"Of course," She smiled sweetly. "I don't mind at all."

"Great." He hummed, a hand resting on her thigh. Examining a few papers for minutes longer, he clicked his tongue, pushing it away.

"What is it?"

"Always assuming that I need something?" She smirked, fiddling with his tie. "What if I was just here for you?"

"Rare occasion Kim Dahyun," He whispered, his almond shaped eyes darkening like obsidian. "Which part of me do you so ecstatically desire?"

Grinning like the Cheshire cat, she let a soft giggle escape her mouth, before raising a finger to her lips.