the thief.

It's been six months

It's been six months. Almost? Daegu had been an absolute bliss. She loved everyday of it. Jennie was happy. Very happy.

She and her grandmother finally reconnected. She reunited with a couple friends who still lived in Daegu after high school. She visited Taehyung's mother a lot. Taehee and her spent a lot of time together.

Everything was nice. But of course, nothing was ever perfect. And right now she was happy...but her life lacked a few important things.

She missed phone calls from Irene, ones telling her about what she would be seeing today in the infirmary. She (strangely) missed arguing with Dahyun, eating lunch with Lalisa, meetings that consisted of joking around with Hoseok and Yoongi, making childish bets with Jeongguk, and staying up late watching sad romance movies with Taeyong.

Jennie missed the charm called Taehyung. His smile. His brown eyes. She missed his smell of a fresh breeze, and seemed to only be obvious whenever she was pressed against him. His curly brown hair. And his lips — yes, Jennie missed his lips.

She missed their late night walks. His car. His room. Eating dinner in her kitchen. Drinking coffee in the afternoon together. Practicing in the arena together.

They talked everyday. It wasn't the same, it would never be the same. And she missed him everyday, but at the same time she was so happy.

"Kim Jennie, are you daydreaming again?" Mina snapped her fingers in front of the brunette, she sat up abruptly. Then she smiled apologetically.

"Sorry. What were you saying?"

"H2O. It's a club. The three of us, let's go."

"I'm not single." Jennie sighed. "You two can go."

Jaebeom's eyes widened, turning to Jennie with a pleading look. "No, please come."

Lim Jaebeom and Mina Myoi were longtime childhood friends of her and Taehyung. Though a lot of time had passed between them, their recent reunion made it feel like they had never parted.

"You need to tell me who your partner is." Mina sighed. "I don't know why you're not telling me. If it's a girl...I honestly don't care."

"It's not a girl." Jennie laughed. "I'll introduce you to him in good time. Be patient."

"Jennie, please come with us. Things are always boring without you."

"Are you saying that I am an exciting person, Jaebeom?"

"If that convinces you to come; then yes."

She always suspected there was something going on between the two. Jaebeom himself was very attractive. His hair had grown out compared to high school, but his personality had not changed. He was still as shy as before. Mina had become the polar opposite. Jennie always used to believe she was the pretty one of the four, but rather than being the shy one...she was now the most outgoing one of them all.