the weakness.

Jennie should've just asked Taehyung to give her a ride

Jennie should've just asked Taehyung to give her a ride. Or Taeyong would've been a better alternative, he had actually been at the same restaurant as her. The two had grabbed dinner together just to catch up as friends.

Taeyong seemed to be more in control with his emotions now. Seulgi and him were still talking, but now Jennie couldn't quite place a finger on whether he still bore those strong emotions for her. She knew for a fact that they weren't together because Seulgi knew that a relationship was not what was the best decision right now with the gang's whole mess revolving around Baekhyun.

Bad idea. It was a bad idea to take the bus. Bad idea to walk home alone.

While the mess with Jennie began to unfold, Lisa sat in Taehyung's office. She was beginning to believe he was like her therapist.

"Tae, I really messed up with her this time. I just...she's always so persistent to know everything, and I lost it. I was just about to tell her and then she just cornered me and demanded to know all these answers about why I didn't tell her."

"I'm not on her side, but I'm also not on yours." Taehyung sighed. "Jennie is naturally like that. I think she's trying to work on it, but remember that you two have been friends for a long time. She might also feel betrayed that you never get the urgency to tell her."

Lalisa felt bad. But even more than Taehyung, she had the most amount of chaos in her life. All of this mess was occurring because of her existence. She couldn't confide in anyone about it because no one really understood. She was Nara, the cursed daughter that split up a once harmonious organization of people, and split them up into two ruthless gangs. She caused a mess which she knew Taehyung couldn't handle. This was all her fault.

"Should I apologize?"

"No. I think you both should come to some sort of consensus. What Jen did isn't exactly right, but neither was what you did."

Right as he finished uttering those words, his phone rang. Taehyung smiled slightly.

"Speaking of Jennie, just a second." He slid his finger across his screen, raising it to his ear.

"Hey Jen, what's up?"

Lisa watched in confusion as her half brother's face contorted into a face similar to hers, then one of panic.

"Jennie? Where are you? Hello?"

Lalisa got up, a strange pitting feeling in her stomach. By the looks of his face, something awful must've happened.

"Tae?"

"Lisa...call Jungkook and the others." He was an instant mess, getting up from his chair. "And Irene, get Irene. Jennie was attacked."

Taehyung couldn't think at all. All he could see was red. His mind was going absolutely crazy. The one thing he didn't want to happen just happened. He knew it would happen. Baekhyun always knew how to play his cards well.

In a different perspective, Jennie was their medic. Who was supposed to heal her when she was the one who took care of everyone else? That's what everyone else was trying to figure out.

"Lisa." Irene called out, wrapping gauze around the freakish stab marks which Jennie had undertook. She was unconscious, and her breathing was shallow. "You know Jennie's friends. Any of her med school friends who could help? We can't take her to the hospital."

Lisa bit her lip, knee bouncing up and down raggedly. Her best friend's life was currently at her hands if she didn't do anything.

"Y-Yes. Yes I do." She pulled out her phone, shaking hands trying not to drop it onto the ground. The blonde searched for a number then pressed the call button.

After two rings — to Taehyung it felt like a century — someone picked up.

"Lisa? What do you want?"

"Hey Taeyong, I'm so sorry...but I'm gonna need you to drive over to Jennie's house. It's a really long story but she needs you right now."

"You're asking me to—WHAT?" Taeyong shook his head. "No no, I can't do that. I haven't done stitches or anything like that in years. Jennie's the master at that."

"Taeyong!" Lisa pleaded, placing both her hands on his shoulders. "Jennie needs you right now. You're the most qualified one of us all to help her."

"I..."

"Do it for her, please."

Taeyong couldn't even begin to question why Jennie had such an ugly wound on her stomach. He couldn't question why she was knocked out, or the ugly bruise on her forehead. His mind was only focused on one thing, saving her.

The male sighed. "Where are her medical stuff? I need it now. The gauze should keep the blood loss at a minimum but not for long."

Hoseok, who recalled where Jennie had pulled out her first aid kit long ago when attending to him, successfully retrieved it from her kitchen counter, opening it up for the physical therapist.

"This is so out of my scope of practice." He let out an exhale. "Jennie, I'm praying for you...because I am winging it."

"Pinch the two ends of skin together." A female voice wheezed out gravely. The girl laying on the table of her kitchen squeezed her eyes shut. "A-And then you—"

"Bitch you better shut up and pray for yourself." Taeyong hissed, while still dutifully following her directions. "You know better than anyone that this is going to hurt."

He wondered how she was even awake. It was possible that the constant pain kept her in and out of consciousness. But on the other hand, the amount of pain she was dealing with could be enough to kill her.

As he slowly began to stitch her lacerations together, Taeyong started to calm down a little more. The cut was strange...it looked like a large X shape on her abdomen.

Jennie passed out again. Her head lolled back against the countertop, he sighed in relief.

"Lisa, make sure she sleeps. Jennie doesn't sleep very well on a daily basis, and if she stays awake while dealing with all of this, it could seriously ruin her immune system."

Taeyong, who finished with the first half of the X, pushed up his glasses, and eyed what seemed to be Jennie's boyfriend.

"You have a lot of explaining to do."