the cup of coffee.

"I would try not to use your wrist that much

"I would try not to use your wrist that much. Though it'll be hard, it's the best way to heal as soon as possible. And stay away from the shooting range." Successfully taping off a girl's wrist, Jennie smiled at the woman.

"You're good to go. Remember what I said."

"Sounds good, thanks Doc." She smiled at Jennie, saluting to her humorously before leaving the room.

Jennie turned, amused to see Chaeyoung leaning against the doorway in the most suave way possible. Her bright red hair contrasted with her black leather jacket, she crossed her arms and entered the room.

"They were right. You do work miracles in here."

"Not really. She just had an injured wrist. Had she practiced shooting, the amount of force coming from the gun probably would've damaged it further, probably leading to permanent disuse." Jennie sighed, realizing that she had just rambled on to Chaeyoung, who seemed like she wasn't even paying half attention.

She learned after a few days of hanging around the red head, was that the girl had no filter. She was brutally honest and didn't tolerate any bullshit from anyone.

"Lisa said you're super smart, I see what she means." She grinned out of the blue. "A little bird also told me that you used to know V. How exactly?"

"Why does everyone need to know?" She asked in distaste, not wishing to bring it up. Chaeyoung ignored Jennie's evident souring of mood, walking closer to sit on one of the tables in the room, swinging her legs.

"Not everyone; just me. And because we're friends and I'm curious. What exactly was he like?"

"He was a nice guy." Jennie muttered, specifically going vague.

"And I have a feeling you don't want to talk about it. Why? Is it awkward now between you?"

"You ask way too many questions! Slow down!"

"That's exactly what you do though." She pointed out, Jennie's attempts at trying to get Rosé to shut up being a blatant fail. "Come on peaches, just talk."

"He was my ex." She said. "We used to be best friends."

"And I also don't want to talk about it anymore, okay?"

Jennie didn't let Chaeyoung respond, for she walked out of the medical room without a further word of explanation.

It seemed like Jennie's luck was bad today. She had stormed inside the coffee room, irritation and perturbation radiating off of her like waves of the ocean, dark mood worsening.

She wanted coffee, and luckily it was there...but so was Taehyung.

Jennie felt her voice shrink away, crawling back into the imaginary hole in her stomach. The room was small, probably average sized and it seemed like he didn't even notice her presence—too occupied by reading a magazine.

She was silent, nervous and sweaty hands reaching for a cup as she slowly made her way to the dispenser.

He cleared his throat, the small noise scaring the living hell out of her. She felt her soul jump from her skin, but Jennie didn't turn.

"So, have people started questioning how you know me?"

"You wouldn't even believe the half of it." She muttered, turning with her mug. It seemed like he had been looking at her this whole time.

"Why is so important that I know you?"

He shrugged, but something gave Jennie the impression that he knew, but wouldn't let her in on the detail. She looked away, sipping her coffee.

After a few moments of thick, awkward silence, she ran a hand through her hair.

"This is not the way I imagined to run into you."

"Believe me; this wasn't how I planned it either." His eyes darkened, staring at the wall behind her.

She could sense his frustration, probably the only emotion he was showing. He probably didn't even want her here, and to be frankly honest, now that she saw him—neither did she.

"You seem like you need this more than I do." She mumbled, sliding the cup of coffee in his direction. Jennie swallowed thickly, and turned on her heel, leaving the room.

She didn't hear Taehyung let out an deep exhale once she left the room.