the daydream.

Taehyung balanced the stress ball between his elongated fingers, letting a small sigh through his lips

He didn't like this. Jennie occupied his thoughts too much, just like she had even in his childhood. This time it was different.

It's like she was scared to talk to him. She seemed startled by his presence in the arena, and she was even nervous when they were talking.

Jennie never used to be nervous talking to Taehyung, it was sardonic how the roles had flipped this time.

There was something about her reappearance that made it difficult for Taehyung to take his eyes off of her. He knew Dahyun was slowly getting irritated with the amount of indirect attention that the unaware brunette was getting from him, but she wouldn't dare say a word to him.

She currently held the title as Taehyung's accessory which none of the other ladies in BTS could hold. It was a title, but Taehyung couldn't care less if he had an accessory or not.

It was just something established from previous generations to show a sense of dominance. Taehyung wouldn't say aloud, but the concept was pretty stupid, he didn't even care about the tradition.

Just like Rosé. She didn't like the idea of it at all, in fact she even yelled at Taehyung about, demanding to know why such a submissive-type of role even existed in his group.

He made her part of the executive board almost immediately afterwards, probably one of his better decisions, because Roseanne was not one to mess with.

It made sense how she had also grown a liking to Jennie, just like Suga and almost everyone on his board. It seemed like he was the only one holding himself back.

He didn't want to fall into her trap, but also didn't want to drag her into his world of darkness. It was true, associating with any of them was dangerous, but being around Kim Taehyung was the most dangerous of all. He was the leader.

People were always looking for ways to find a weakness of his, something or someone they could hurt just to make him snap.

It was the sole reason he didn't want Jennie involved, as many times he had tried warning them it wasn't a good idea to get her involved.

Someway or somehow, they would find out that Jennie was linked to Taehyung's past. And it wouldn't be any good from there if it were to happen.

But it was hard to not think about her, not trying to get closer to her. His once discarded feelings were coming back at an alarming rate, he didn't like it at all, but he couldn't stop it now.

How was he supposed to? She was gorgeous now. He had been so astounded the first time he saw her at SBS. She smiled a lot more, she just held an aura of newfound confidence wherever she went.

She seemed like all the other girls out there that were willing to throw themselves at Taehyung, except she was different and had her own morals.

"Hello? V?"

He glanced at Dahyun, who waved her hand in front of his face.

"Hm?"

"Were you even paying attention to what I was saying this whole time?"

He glanced back to the window, realizing it probably wasn't anything important. She groaned.

"You weren't."

"How observant." He mused, turning the stress ball over.

"Are you thinking about her again?"

"If you're talking about Jennifer, then...yes. I was."

"What's so special about her? I don't see why everybody loves Jennie. She hasn't even spared you a word and you're thinking about her!"

He darted his eyes to Dahyun, met with the adamantly jealous girl. "Dahyu, are you jealous?"

"Of course not." She scoffed, hastily crossing her arms. "I would never be jealous over a measly medic."

"Her job is important."

"Of course, but once again there are other people who do important things rather than her job."

He frowned. "I hope you're not implying what I explicitly thought you weren't trying to say."

"V, I would never." She iced out, evidently bitter.

"Jennie was a childhood friend. I don't know if you were aware, but that's all I see her as."

"I don't think that's all. Just a childhood friend? What else, she used to be your girlfriend?"

He tried not to snort. He set the stress ball down, fiddling with the long silver chain dangling from his ear. Dahyun sighed.

"It's like you don't even care what I'm getting at!"

"How can I when I don't even understand what you're trying to say?"

"Why can't we just become official? I don't like the feeling of her presence threatening..."

"Us?" He finished, narrowing his eyes. "You think she's threatening us?"

"Yes." She mumbled meekly. Taehyung scoffed, Dahyun let a small smile spread, thinking he was on her side with this.

"Dahyun, there is no us. We aren't even in a relationship."

"But I'm your—"

"You think I even care if you're my accessory? Hell, I don't even consider you one. I told you from the beginning, this is specifically a no-strings-attached ordeal. You said okay, I never was informed when those rules changed."

"What?"

"You're making me annoyed Dahyun." He mumbled, flipping open his laptop. Dahyun clenched her jaw, trying to control her vexation.

"Jennie has you wrapped around her finger Taehyung, that pathetic little—"

"What did you just say?" Taehyung's eyes darkened, as the stormy clouds of his irises slipped from a comforting dark brown to icy black.

Dahyun cursed. "V, I'm sorry...I meant-"

"Get out."

"What?"

"I said get out." His eyes blazed, pointing to the door. "Who ever gave you the right to call me that?"

"V, I'm so sorry, I slipped up!"

"And I said get out!" He yelled. "Can't you fucking listen?"

Tears brimmed her eyes as she brushed out of the room. Leaning back against his seat once again, he let out a heavy sigh.

a/n: just remember,, he yelled at dahyun to get lost because she called him taehyung instead of V

😂😂we love ourselves an over dramatic gang leader

damn also this book really gives me those tingly feels idk how to describe it
let's hope the inspiration to write this book stays because i really really really like this concept