the stare.

"Sit

"Sit." Yoongi demanded like a child, patting the seat next to him in the lounging chair like child. Jennie obliged without a further word, slinking inside the seat beside him.

Jennie had found it difficult to even enter the room; V's office. She made it up the elevator when her doubtful thoughts started to consume her.

The amount of tension that lingered and hazed over them like a thick and relentless fog was so adamantly evident. Jennie saw it, and she was sure he felt it too.

Maybe part of it was her doing. She was the one who dumped him. And suddenly she was back in his life? Jennie would be pretty pissed, the situation just exacerbated.

They were working together, it's not like Jennie could just leave, they needed her here. Jisoo had reassured to the brunette countless of times how much of help she was around here, how they were much more at ease with their new doc.

Jennie had beamed, but that still meant the pressure to do what's right was still on. She wasn't even sure she had seen the worse of it.

No, Jennie was sure she hadn't seen the worse of it. This was a goddamn gang, they dealt with knife fights, gun fights, but yet all Jennie had seen were sprained ankle, a few dislocated shoulders, and a broken arm.

She averted her eyes up, watching as Lisa paced inside the room, quietly sitting next to Jennie.

"What's wrong?" Yoongi was first to question, adjusting his position to look to the blonde. Jennie found herself wondering as well.

"I...uh, I went to meet up with Jungkook's parents the other day."

Jennie remembered Lisa freaking out the day off. She remembered it clearly, at the odd hour of eleven in the morning, she received a call from the girl, following with incoherent stress-screaming through the other end. Jennie hadn't understood a word, until she calmed the blonde down, which took a few minutes.

"Well? How'd it go?"

"Not good. God, that woman just gets under my skin so much. She literally," Lisa sighed shakily, as if she was trying to control her anger. Jennie knew she was, with the way her voice was unnaturally low, and void of any emotion, unlike the the usual.

"she said my job isn't a profession. I'm better off working for one of those asian cleaning services."

"What?" Jennie and Yoongi hissed back at the same time.

"She really said that?"

"What a bitch." Yoongi cursed lowly. "What did Jungkook say?"

Lisa shook her head. "Nothing. He said nothing."

"What a bitch." Jennie echoed, sighing. "What happened after?"

"I left right after. I couldn't deal with it. She was just so...blunt about it and he didn't even do anything! This whole time I thought, 'oh maybe he's just being oblivious' but no, he's known all her insults at me, me doing what I love, and she's never said anything! Hell, he does literally the exact same thing yet she praises him? God, what bullshit."

"I'd never expect a lady to be so sexist."

"She's living in the wrong century." Jennie mused to Yoongi, who snorted. He rested his hand on Jennie's knee.

"This is why I don't like meeting parents."

"Whose parents do you even have to meet—oh." Lisa groaned. "Well this is great. Even Suga has a smoother relationship than mine!"

And then just on cue, Jungkook and Taehyung entered back into his office. Jennie watched as Jungkook's eyes searched immediately for any sight of Lisa, softening immediately when he saw her staring starchily at the coffee table in front the three of them.

"Lis..." He called, but sighed when she rolled her eyes.

"Lis isn't available right now. Please try again, later or never. She'd prefer the latter."

Jennie would've laughed at her sassiness had it been directed to anyone but Jungkook. She knew how whipped she was for the man, it kind of hurt to see she was suddenly so cold to him.

Lisa's angry side was kind of frightening.

Taehyung glanced between the warring couple, before letting out a small tired sigh, sitting back at his desk.

"Lisa, I'm going to need you to stay here a little longer. I have some news for you."

"Gladly." She deadpanned, turning back to Yoongi. "So, enlighten me. How are things between you and Hoseok?"

Despite being the supposed rang of ruthless juggernauts, it seemed almost everyone here had some sort of soft spot, a weakness. Most being other people, significant halves.

Some, like RM, had a weakness for his mother, his family. She admired that about the guy. He would be willing to drop everything for her. The tenderness of him towards her, and his treatment towards other had a vast difference, but that's what you did when you had to protect someone you love.

Jennie, fortunate enough, did not have enough like that. Maybe Taeyong, she cared about him too much, but definitely not her family. She didn't have a single ounce of compassion towards the remnants of she would refer to as her parents.

But maybe her halmeoni, her grandmother. That old woman had been there for Jennie when no one had.

She didn't know the story to everyone here, why they were here. Most of them were perplexing mysteries, but together they all belonged.

It wasn't a shady band of illegal-doing misfits, just a different version of a family.

Jennie looked around, eyes falling onto Taehyung at his desk. He ran a hand through his hair, biting his lip in thought as he skimmed over whatever was displayed on his desktop screen.

His eyes snapped from the screen to hers abruptly. She blinked.

She was trying to figure what were any of his possible reasons for caring about other people—why was he even in charge of all of this? Jennie bit her lip, then tore her eyes away from him.

The corners of his lips lifted into a discrete smirk before he turned back to his computer.

a/n: who is taehyung's weakness?

hint: it's not jennie...not yet at least