the nickname.

"Hey bi—

"Hey bi—." Lisa grinned, buckling her seatbelt as she slunk into the passenger seat of Jennie's car. The brunette shot her a glare, cutting her off.

"I've got some news for you."

"And you really have to think of a better nickname for me. I feel slightly defamed by that."

Lisa simply shrugged.
"So where are we going?"

"I'm getting coffee."

"I can use that too."

"You and caffeine are never a good combination."

"Oh hush." She shushed. "It's not that bad."

"Honey, it is bad."

Lisa rolled her eyes. "Anyways, we have news for you."

"We?"

"Well it's more me—but, V and I."

Jennie's hands paused on the steering wheel. Huh?

"What is it?"

"We—I mean I have a code name for you."

Jennie sighed, seeing it wasn't something particularly important.
"And what may that be?"

"Jinx."

"Jinx?"

"Yes."

Jennie scrunched her eyebrows, turning to face Lisa. "Huh? What kind of code name is that?"

"It's because of the soirée. Now this is definitely important, you have to pay attention." The blonde bit her lip, evidently thinking.

"That guy you were talking to—he is not good news."

Jennie's ears perked. "Hm? Baekhyun?"

"Y-Yeah. He's not on our side."

"How bad could he be? He seemed pretty nice, actually a decent guy if you ask me."

Lisa was strangely quiet for the next few minutes. Lowering the music from the car stereo, Jennie glanced over at her friend again.

"What is it?"

"He's the gang leader of EXO, Jen. The fact that the two of you even interacted is bad. Terrible actually. He and V have had a rough history for a really long time. I'm definitely not the person you should be asking if you have questions, but I doubt V will even answer them for you. It's a testy topic."

"You should be careful from now on. From what we decided...V did not expect Baekhyun to show up at the party. He was even more surprised when Baekhyun didn't cause trouble. He always causes trouble, but this time he didn't—"

"Because he was talking to me." Jennie let out exhale. "So this is really serious, huh?"

"Yeah."

"How dangerous would you say—"

"Your life Jen. We're talking about your life. Who knows, he might come again, maybe pissed off that he didn't get to do anything last time and threaten to shoot you."

"Lis, isn't that a bit much—"

Her look proved anything but. Jennie cut herself off. Recognizing the familiar coffee shop to her right, Jennie pulled over.

"So...what does this mean?"

"It's a warning. I'm sure you'll be fine if you're around us, but still...be careful."

"Okay."

"And about the name, I thought jinx would be appropriate since you um...jinxed Baekhyun from doing anything. If that makes any sense."

"You're like his good luck charm." She continued. "He won't admit it though."

"Who? B-Baekhyun?"

"No." Lisa smirked lopsided. "You know who."

Jennie blinked, then bit her lip. "Oh."

The blonde grinned, linking elbows with the brunette. "Let's get coffee."

Jennie didn't know how to feel about that.

a/n: i failed to acknowledge and be fucking grateful for all the reads this book has 😭😭 sana don't deserve this shit thank you so so so much for 16K

like legit serious, this ain't one of those generic thank you notes, i did not expect this book to get so many reads

ITS EVEN #1 for taennie (which i feel like it does not deserve but—)

THANK YOU SEXIES IM SO HAPPY AND THANKFUL FOR THE TIME TO YOU TAKE TO READ MY SHIT I LOOOOOOOVE YOU TO THE END OF TIME AND BACK