the racer.

Jennie had been very shocked

Kim Taehyung? As in her friend who she lost contact with after high school? The boy with the large-rimmed glasses and bowl haircut?

That boy had turned into the one of the most dangerous gang leaders, if not the most dangerous gang leader in South Korea?

He even looked the part, Jennie found herself shamelessly admitting. Most gang leaders looked hot, at least in the books.

Jennie shook her head, following Lisa out of the car. It was nighttime, and Lisa being the busybody she was, had plans for the two of them.

She hadn't pressed much into her reaction of seeing Taehyung, though she knew there was something the girl was letting her in on.

Jennie would explain to her in good time, she was just still hung up over the realization that she finally saw him again.

This had not been the way she expected to come back in contact with the man. She had often used to think about that, fantasizing that they would meet again in a grocery store one evening, or maybe at a class reunion.

Jennie had changed a lot since high school. She personally thought that she looked a lot more appealing since then, she had ditched the bright blue colored braces on her teeth, dyed some of her hair in an ombré to light brown, and even started to dress in clothes that suited her.

Which consisted of a lot of black. And leather jackets. And boots.

"Where are we exactly?"

"BTS deals in bets." Lisa started to explain, walking side-by-side with Jennie. "Just two weeks ago, V bet exactly 2,242,800 in pot money for a street race."

"What the hell? That's so much money."

"Not in his world. It's not that much for BTS, but still; money is money. We're about to go watch the race."

"Who's racing for our side? And who exactly is the opponent?"

Lisa smirked at Jennie referring to herself as a part of the team, she was finally coming around.

"Opponent? You may have heard of them, they're called EXO."

EXO.

The name rung a distant bell in Jennie's mind, she had vaguely heard that name while working in the hospital.

"They're a gang too, right?"

"Correct."

Lisa pushed past a few people, and some moved way for the girl, Jennie closely behind.

She leaned over the railing, closest as they could get to the actual race track.

There were two cars, one a dark reddish-maroon color, the other was black.

"Which car is BTS'?"

"The black one."

"And who's the driver?"

Lisa winked at her friend. "Oh you'll see soon."

Jennie could see Dahyun making her way to the black car, tapping on the window. She spoke briefly with the driver, then turned back to walk to the starting line.

She held a large flag in her hand, twirling the baton of the flag around in her nimble hands.

"Any time now, Dahyun's the flagger; she's waiting for a signal from the other team."

They waited patiently for two minutes, the atmosphere around them increasing in excitement.

"Everyone in Bangtan looks forward to these events. The street races especially."

"Why?"

"Because we almost always win the car races. Not to mention, have you ever went to a street race? It's so exciting to watch."

Just as Lisa finished speaking, Dahyun blew the whistle, waving the flag back. Instantly, the two cars raced off.

A deafening roar exploded from their side, many screaming words like "GO JJ!"

Who was JJ? Jennie assumed that was the driver in the black vehicle.

And they had reason to be screaming the person's name, just a few seconds in, and the black car was already leading by a few feet, and the distance only increased when the driver made a smart decision to veer sharply to the left during a turn.

It seemed like an easy feat, but Jennie was well aware racing was no easy sport. There were many risks and factors to take in.

The cars went around, the maroon one finally picking up in speed and gaining in on BTS' car. Jennie herself could feel the anticipation.

"Come on!" Lisa shrieked, jumping up and down in anxiousness. Jennie snorted, leaning back in their seats to watch.

It was then, when the dark red vehicle rammed into the side of the black car, when the audience began to yell in indignation.

"That's not allowed! What the fuck are they doing?"

Lisa grinned, when the black car elbowed the car back, using this as leverage to pick up their speed.

The car zoomed to the finish line.

Then the deafening roar returned. Lisa jumped up from her seat, squealing.

"YES!" She turned to Jennie excitedly, shaking the brunette's shoulder violently. "We won!"

Jennie grinned back, feeling a wave of the thrill wash over her. It brought an odd sense of satisfaction, something she never released she even needed.

The cars both slowed down near the pit stops, when the driver from the maroon car stepped out.

It was a pissed off male, who roughly tugged off his helmet, chucking it to the floor.

"Lisa, who's JJ?" Jennie heard herself asking. The anticipation was rising steadily.

"Driver in our car." Lisa responded coolly, watching the door of the black car slowly open.

Once the black helmet was removed, Jennie found herself smirking.

The man from the red car groaned in frustration.

"You must've cheated! There is no possible way I lost a car race to a fucking girl!" And he stormed off.

Lisa grinned, tugging Jennie down the stairs to the race track.

"Jennie, I'd like you to meet my close friend, and ten-time winner of V's street race bets, JJ."

She winked at the girl who held her helmet, running a hand through her dark roots.

"Also known as Kim Jisoo."

a/n: i love jisoo's character in this story 😂😂 you haven't seen much of her yet but omg she makes me so gay