the couch.

Jennie spent a lot of time just thinking about what exactly her new situation was

"Hi everyone, my name is Jennie Kim and my ex boyfriend is currently one of the most dangerous gang leaders in South Korea. And I'm working under him."

She frowned at how weird that sounded, slumping further into her couch with a sour grimace painted across her face.

Yes, he was most definitely her ex boyfriend. Back in the days where she had been a lovesick romantic who work her hair in cute braids to impress the opposite sex, when she wore frilly pink skirts and created friendship bracelets, there hadn't been much stopping her from dating him.

He had been her best friend for the longest time. They had done everything together. From chucking stones across ponds to studying for their final exams, there weren't very many things Jennie reminisced of her childhood memories without thinking of Taehyung.

It wasn't even that fact that he was part of a gang, or that she was pretty sure everything he did was illegal.

It was just that he was her ex. Ex best friend, ex boyfriend, whatever ties they had back then were long gone.

And suddenly Jennie was working for him?

Seeing Taehyung in his grand office, spacious and refined in its furniture as it was, he looked so fucking rich.

Like a king almost.

Almost.

And then when he made eye contact with her, it seemed like that resolve that she had seen had momentarily broken down, just for a millisecond.

But it had still happened.

The doorbell rang, and much to her displeasure, Taeyong waltzed his way through the unlocked door, throwing it open.

"I don't understand," Jennie muttered. "why does everyone keep throwing open my door? It's going to break the wall one day and I will sue you."

"Mm, I don't know if I should take that threat seriously." He grinned at Jennie.

"But knowing you, you probably are serious since you will do anything for money."

"Call me Midas." She rolled her eyes. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm bored, I finished my notes for my rounds tomorrow afternoon early, surprisingly." He smiled. "Do you have food?"

"Taeyong! I swear you come to my house for every single meal in the day, at this rate you may as well pay the bills."

He clucked his tongue. "I don't think I can afford that, sorry."

"Well I can't afford you depriving me of my nutrition. So no more food until you restock your fridge."

"But you're good at cooking." He whined relentlessly, rolling over onto his back. Taeyong pouted at the ceiling. Jennie shrugged.

"Learn to cook yourself sweetheart."

She leaned her head against the couch, sighing. Why was her current plight causing such a ruckus in her brain? She was just the medic, nothing else.

Why did it seem like she was getting involved in a whole web of problematic business that Jennie knew damn well that she shouldn't tamper with? Everyone knew gangs dealt with shady business, dark secrets that lurked between and braided through the superficial rep that they carried as a 'dangerous' group.

Dangerous was a way to underestimate it. And how exactly did Lisa end up with them?

Jennie thought she knew this girl like the back of her hand, but yet there were things that surprised her.

Some things people preferred not to discuss, and maybe this was one of them.

"Something bothering you?" Taeyong adjusted his head so he rested comfortably on the pillow laying on Jennie's thigh. She shook her head eventually, running a finger through a few strands of her own hair.

"No. I'm all good, just thinking."

"Okay." She heard him yawn, staring at the wall in front of her.

It's been three weeks since she encountered Taehyung, or as he was called V in the office.

Three weeks since she started working there.

Three weeks and she's already helped at least thirty people in the building.

Three weeks and she wants to say something to him, but Jennie has no clue how.

Jennie knows she shouldn't say anything to him, she should keep her distance. Parts of her want to believe he's thinking the same thing, but another part doesn't want to stay away.

How can she just stay away? It wasn't her character to leave things alone, exasperating as it was at times.

She eventually felt her eyelids close, head lolling back against the couch into a light, dreamless sleep. It wasn't a relaxing one, but with the comfort of Taeyong nearby, it was relaxing to the slightest degree.

a/n: i just read the most amazing taennie ff on asianfanfic
fuuck it's too good, comment if you want to know what it is